The Business Ideas thread

I was only saying to the missus the other day that you should have a zapper for the house door.

She just rolled her eyes and said are you really that lazy.

1 Like

She sounds like a great woman.

She keeps me on a tight leash mate, which is needed to be fair

Really :smile:

No not really, I do what I want

That’s a lovely story. I’m just playing it out it my head here and assigning voices to you and your missus.

1 Like

What sort of accent did you give his missus ?

In the interest of accuracy she has an east coast accent, while mine is more of west limerick accent that has been somewhat watered down by my time in Dublin, though it’s getting stronger again now that I’m back in the home country.

:joy:

1 Like

Standard Munster accent. A bogger who pronounces “en” sounds with an “in”.

As in, are you in a DB or DC “pinsion” scheme?

i have a small premises in south dublin that is coming available in the spring and im thinking of putting a fitness clinic into it. its 1900 sq feet and is attached to a commercial business adjacent to a small industrial estate.
ill get it fitted out and look after the finances myself but who and what do i need to run the show?

1 Like

Crossfit is a good idea.

ye something like crossfit seems to work but i was thinking one of those quick in and out high intensity set ups aimed at womens weight loss that is now all the rage round here.
i dont think theres any point re inventing the wheel getting numbers through the door is what its all about and that is where the numbers are.

Unislim so pal. Less maintenance.

You can get franchises for those womens gyms

waste of money surely.

use that model and market the shit out of it for a few months. its localised so word of mouth after that. if i can get it set up ill keep it simple for 12 months and ill know then if its a business. i have a friend in the nutrition game alright who would set up a template for me but ill need a few fitness instructors probably.

A pound a penny sure

I think you need a newer fad tbh. A well being class as opposed to fitness solely maybe. What about these baby reflexology classes I hear parents raving about which help babies sleep better at night etc?

a few good looking lads who are in good shape is what my missus thinks will get them in the door.

keep it simple for the first year is my thinking kid. excerise/weight loss/nutrition etc there are plenty of potential add ons in this game alright if it looks like there is a solid core business there.