The Business Ideas thread

He hurled with Ballindereen.

You would if you’re a rugby player

1 Like

Was thinking that alright.

@KinvarasPassion

This got knocked back by world rugby earlier

Insufficient testing to back up claims. Banned for now at all levels of rugby.

1 Like

That’s a bit curious - even if it didn’t provide the claimed protection it would still be doing more than the ones that are being used now surely?

I assume there may be a risk that it would cause more damage than it would give protection?

I think I made the point earlier in thread that none of the existing scrum caps claim to prevent concussion etc. I think there is a lot of science/theory that they don’t.

I suppose in relation to this product they aren’t saying it doesn’t do anything just that it hasn’t been proven to as yet not met world rugby testing guidelines etc…so they not willing to put it on approved list…

Seems a little bit harsh maybe but probably par for course when your developing something like this

WR statement here…does read quite cold bit also like they should have known this was coming

Bread and Jam an artisan cafe/bakery that sells bread baked on the premises and jam made on the premises. Three types of bread to choose from, white, soda and porridge. Three types of jam, depending on the season. Tea and coffee served as well. Pot of tea 1.50, coffee 2.50, plate of bread butter and jam 2 euro.

Furniture rickedy. Ambience, relaxed. Might be a record player in the corner that punters could bring their records to and give them a spin.

I think I will end up opening a chain of these places across Ireland and the UK.

6 Likes

So bread and jam would be your bread and butter?

Yes. I think I would make a lot of dough.

Make bread, to make bread. Seems fool proof

Sounds very hipster and cuntish, should be a winner.
Location would be key.

His own sitting room is already furnished perfectly.

1 Like

what an unreal idea, I can picture in my head going in, with a copy of the purpose maker in my manbag, ordering a bit of sourdough and jam and a cup of tae, and going over to the turntable and putting on a bit of jeff mills

3 Likes

Sounds like a lovely spot. I’d say with your pricing structure you might end up with a load of old biddies taking up residence for the afternoons though. Best of luck with it

1 Like

A bit of jam and bread and a rave in the afternoon. Sure fire winner.

1 Like

This is for the little people, not the elites.

Ranelagh, I reckon. Once it becomes a hit in Ranelagh, then you open branches in the parts of the City that are impressed by things that are popular in Ranelagh. Like Clontarf.

4 Likes

Even better.

You’d be competing with Nicks coffee in ranelagh who gives free coffee to over 65s…a lovely touch

1 Like