The Business Ideas thread

1 Like

Has he tried shoving them up his hole?

My life partner’s friend had one of them delivered to us the other day as a kind of new baby congrats gesture - hence my opportunistic photo at the time. They’re very nice actually and I’ve two (2) left in the fridge.

1. Design an electric passenger airplane.
  2. Get grants off the government.
  3. Design a tiny one-seater electric plane.
  4. Hire a PR firm. Do an interview with nationwide and shake hands with Eamon Ryan.
  5. Float the company.
  6. Sell off your shareholding.

How would you go about selling something like a song or a good joke?

I’d need to hear the song/joke before I could advise further

Write a Christmas song. Copywrite it. Send it to Justin Beiber and ask him to record it. Pretend you are a young one.
If it’s a hit, you’ll never work again. Played year after year at Xmas. Writer gets all the readies.

It’s an interesting if dubious idea. On yesterday’s news Mary Coughlan (the singer, not the failed politician) was bemoaning the fact that she’s come off the C-19 payment and is now back on Jobseekers at €203 pw. I find the whole scenario odd. I wonder is Bono getting the C-19 payment for instance. A great little country all the same.

How often are songs penned by Mary played on media. Not often I reckon. So unless she performs live, she isn’t earning.

Would the nature of her work mean putting a few quid away in the good times makes great sense.

Her earnings through the years were minimal I’d say.

I think putting plenty of them away has been her problem all along

5 Likes

Sure your son would end up living off the royalties, buying icecream makers he’ll never use and opening his door to any street urchin desperate to escape his suicidal mother’s lentil porridge.

Mine wouldn’t. He’d just order spicebags day and night.

The Official Schull Ian Bailey Alleged Murder Tour

5 Likes

He didn’t lift it off the hedge

I’d go on that.

Had you the hazards on on the Transit?

It’s West Cark, no-one cares.

A mobile Christmas shop lads. This year people will be fucked trying to get presents. Loads ordered online but still a shit tonne of stuff forgotten/difficult to pick up. A van full of stocking filler types stuff and presents for aunts /uncles / nieces/ nephews.
Ideally from an ice cream van so you can go round with the music blaring.

3 Likes