The Business Ideas thread

Shannon Airport already has the solution to all of these problems with their advanced scanners guys. Stone age airports like Dublin need to move with the times.

1 Like

Even Kerry airport has the same scanners

1 Like

Auld wans in airports. Could be a lot more efficient

I tentatively floated an idea years ago to help expedite this archaic procedure involving the wrapping of Christmas presents.
You simply manufacture rolls of tinfoil (cc Tipp folk) in festive colours with simulations of holly and all that guff on it.
You then grip the present and roll it up in the foil, crunch it tightly and scrawl the recipient on it. It eliminates paper, cellotape, twine, measurement and associated bollocksology.
It can then be recycled for wrapping uneaten turkey legs and general uses.

2 Likes

Peffect gift for tipp supporters. Roll out for the championship in the summer. Ise the last durimg the club championship prior to Christmas. Rinse and repeat

1 Like

We’re too mean to buy presents in the first place

2 Likes

Ive friends who are from tipp, we had a shoebox appeal in work for the poor children in tipp, no weapons or cork jerseys it might upset them (i wouldnt waste a limerick jersey but i am in exile in a forgien country).

We all were signing along to bono and geldof, do they know its christmas in tipp

Bike washing - to further the car washing discussion. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy if you want we can go 50/50, you have a deep knowledge of the market and potential customers. We can throw up some solar panels fornthe powerwashers and recirculate the water. Be eco friendly and carbon neutral

I’ve a hape of nice (very dilapidated) old stone buildings, a pure spring water well and no money to invest in bottling plants, pods, breweries or distilleries. I suppose i may stick at the beef farming…unless @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy knows any angel investors?

1 Like

Apply for those renovation grants and set up a dirty weekend away chalet(s). Youd make a killing

Thats what this crowd basically have done

1 Like

Vape advent calenders. Might be too late to hit the shelves in time. Must get started for 2024

1 Like

12 Haze of Christmas.

You can have that one for free

2 Likes

You wouldn’t sell too many 12 day advent calendars.

14 minute cities.

1 Like

What if somebody comes up with a 13 minutes city?

Nobody’s comin’ up with 13. Where could you even get in 13 minutes?

2 Likes

Step into my office

2 Likes

Why?

Cause your fucking fired

11 Likes
  • Hitchhiker : You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?

Ted : Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.

Hitchhiker : Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7… Minute… Abs.

Ted : Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you’re going.

Hitchhiker : Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin’ there, there’s 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Ted : I would go for the 7.

Hitchhiker : Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.

Ted : You guarantee it? That’s - how do you do that?

Hitchhiker : If you’re not happy with the first 7 minutes, we’re gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That’s it. That’s our motto. That’s where we’re comin’ from. That’s from “A” to “B”.

Ted : That’s right. That’s - that’s good. That’s good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you’re in trouble, huh?

[Hitchhiker convulses]

Hitchhiker : No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody’s comin’ up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won’t even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Ted : That - good point.

Hitchhiker : 7’s the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that’s the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin’ on a branch, eatin’ lots of sunflowers on my uncle’s ranch. You know that old children’s tale from the sea. It’s like you’re dreamin’ about Gorgonzola cheese when it’s clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Ted : Why?

Hitchhiker : ‘Cause you’re fuckin’ fired!