The Cancer Thread

He was. Its hard to process it.

He always had his garden absolutely done to perfection.

1 Like

You couldnā€™t draw him outā€¦ the amount of times I threw a few jabs at him about soccer or golf and heā€™d laugh it off. One of those lads too good for the place.

12 Likes

I got a message from him two days ago asking how i I was getting on. Speaks volumes of the man that he took time to message a random lad he only knows off the internet given what he was going through at the time.

He was such a nice man.

So sorry to all his friends and family. Life is so cruel.

38 Likes

Some lads check Twitter or some other app for the latest news, others check TFK, thatā€™s the measure of this place.

10 Likes

I messaged @Esteban to let him know the news. He passed on his condolences to Faldos family.
When Faldo let us all know a while back, Esteban got onto a group of us off line to see could we do a golf outing to raise a few pound. It was a good idea then and it still is if anyone is interested.

21 Likes

jesus fucking christ

poor poor Guy

RIP

2 Likes

Christ Iā€™m chilled to the bone, I saw 49 posts on the one thread you donā€™t want to see activity. May he rest in peace he was so open about what faced him but like me Iā€™m sure we all thought heā€™d have so much longer. Life can be so cruel.

6 Likes

I was just going to say somebody should messsge Esteban. Iā€™m fairly sure he met Faldo for a game off golf.

1 Like

Lads is this definitely real? I know weā€™ve all bought it but Iā€™m desperately hoping thatā€™s not real.

1 Like

It is unfortunately juh.

Maybe his home golf club. And raise a few ā‚¬ for the Kilkerrin Clonberne LGFA in the process.

5 Likes

He could have but Iā€™m not sure. Esteban and I went for a game once alright, heā€™s lovely chap with a serious golf game.

1 Like

Maybe it was ye I mixed up so. Sorry. I just remember he met somebody off here for a game.

Itā€™s incredibly weird, and yet testament to the camaraderie of this place and the good naturedness of faldo that his passing has seriously jolted me. A lad I never met in real life but had some good interactions on here with, as did many others.

It must be awful for his missus, young family, and friends as Iā€™m sure they thought, as we all did that heā€™d pull through.

Heā€™ll be sorely missed.

At least fat frank sent him on his way with a neverton win

RIP faldo

32 Likes

This post always struck me. He knew what was coming but was so fucking positive about it. Heā€™d have laughed at finally seeing Everton turn it on Vs Leeds earlier. RIP Faldo. Gone far too soon

51 Likes

Awful sad, RIP

3 Likes

I canā€™t string any words together for once Iā€™m speechless. This is unbelievably shit, itā€™s shocking, swift and cruel. RIP poor @Faldo

6 Likes

Very sad news, especially with such a young family .RIP

3 Likes

Saw all the posts and the worst confirmed, RIP @Faldo awful news.

4 Likes

Very sad. He came across as a thoroughly alright sort on here. May he rest in peace.

3 Likes