The Cancer Thread

The worst thread to see bumped with a load of replies. A real genuine sort, will be sorely missed here so I canā€™t imagine how much heā€™ll be missed by people who knew him outside of here. Rip faldo, gone way too soon.

20 Likes

It is just so very sad to hear this news, he was such a lovely person. RIP @Faldo a person who deserved so much better.

6 Likes

Ah fuck that. I was only thinking about him today. RIP. Seemed a gent.

2 Likes

What a fucking piece of news.

RIP @Faldo

5 Likes

Saw lots of new posts on the thread and got an awful feeling. Didnā€™t want to click on itā€¦

Iā€™m shook from this news. Like most here, I didnā€™t know the man personally. A few PMs over the years (he was asking about SNA work I recall as my Mrs had done a course) and a few more recent PMs to check in. Iā€™m sure we all have our own memories of him and so on. He kept the Everton thread going single handedly, and some man for the golf.

Condolences to his family and friends, @padjo and any posters that knew him.

Ar dheis DĆ© go raibh a anam.

14 Likes

Terrible news.

RIP @Faldo.

7 Likes

Jesus thatā€™s desperate. May he Rest in Peace.

4 Likes

Jesus, that is dreadful. Absolutely dreadful.

We all like a ball hop on here but I donā€™t think youā€™d find anyone on here with a bad word to say about @Faldo - just came across as a really calm, decent fella who loved his sport.

Genuinely shocked by this. You just always assume the other user names on here - and by extension the people behind them - are bomb proof and will live forever, you never really countenance that we all go through the trial and tribulations of life in our own way.

If anyone is organising throwing a few quid together for the family or a charity please share on here.

May he Rest in Peace.

28 Likes

Ah no. Thats the worst news. RIP faldo.

5 Likes

Jesus thatā€™s hit me like a tonne of bricks.

Very much an alright sort and an astute judge of golf. Thinking of his young family at this time. RIP

11 Likes

Weā€™re a strange auld crew in here, but at times we represent some of the best parts of a kind of rural Irish community, and we genuinely feel loss and hurt when one of our tribe passes.

18 Likes

RIP @Faldo

Iā€™ll miss the chats.

11 Likes

I was only thinking of him the other day when I saw the early spuds in the garden centre.

RIP @Faldo.

4 Likes

If the way he dealt with his diagnosis on here is anything to go by he mustā€™ve bore it like a fucking warrior out there in the real world!!
RIP @faldo
Shocking news

14 Likes

Iā€™m with you 100%ā€¦thatā€™s emptied me
Ah Jesus lads

RIP faldo pal

4 Likes

So sad.

RIP @Faldo

3 Likes

Absolutely shocking, far too young. One of the good guys.

13 Likes

I was looking back there (the ā€œSummarize This Threadā€ option is sobering), November he first posted about it and the poor lad only had the news three weeks. Life is some bitch. Ar dheis DĆ© go raibh a anam dĆ­lis.

10 Likes

Fuck,ing fuck, Rest easy brother. My thoughts are with your family.

1 Like

I donā€™t have anything to add.
:cry:

14 Likes