The Cancer Thread

God bless him and his poor family. They’ll be in my thoughts tonight.

2 Likes

Terribly sad news. Always looked forward to his golf tips and enjoyed Merseyside Derby banter. RIP

4 Likes
2 Likes

What sad news. He came across as a very decent man. Life can be so cruel.

2 Likes

The garden, the stonework, spud drills, turf stacks… Free and easy with the advice. A sound skin.

Desperate news. Live your life lads, your own life. You only go round this track the once.

RIP Faldo.

24 Likes

Oh my god.

Ar dheis de go raibh a anaim

Terrible news. May he rest in peace.

His gardening and DIY projects were top class. Thats how I remember him but I can’t imagine what his family have been through.

1 Like

Ah lads. There’s no words. That’s just not right.

1 Like

RIP @Faldo , nothing more I can say other than to echo all the sentiments expressed here tonight. Awful, awful news to hear, his poor family, there are no words.

1 Like

Ah for fuck sake. An absolute gentleman. I hate this fucking thread.

6 Likes

Ah lad. RIP Faldo.

What terrible news to wake up to.RIP @Faldo .

Absolutely shocked to hear about Faldo. Never met the chap in person but always came across him on here and on AFR previously. Just a sound genuine down to earth person.
Saw this thread and hoped for a bit of positive news for him. Never expected this. He just got on with it so I didn’t think he was in that much danger.
Thinking of his family and friends now. They have lost a great presence in their lives.

16 Likes

Jesus that’s a serious gut punch, to think that it can be as quick as that at such a young age.
I didn’t interact much with him, we had different interests I suppose, I know he was mr Everton, mr golf and he was fierce handy.
But what I always associated him with was his girls, as a girl dad myself I can’t imagine what the family is going through now, God give them strength.
RIP, we’re having a rough time, it’s a cruel world

14 Likes

Ah jaysus, a gent about the place here who never got in the gutter. TFK gives you a glimpse into the lives of others. A fierce handy man. A tradesman of sorts. He had a noble haggard. Three young daughters. His auld man worked with him. A good footballer who played Galway masters and a good judge of football. He never complained. Ah fuck it.

38 Likes

Indeed he had.

1 Like

Awful news - May he Rest in Peace

Jaysus awful news. His DIY stuff was unreal, seemed like a lad that took real pride in what he does. RIP Faldo. Would it be an idea to have some memory thread for past legends as a mark of respect.

7 Likes

RIP

Awful sad news, my heart goes out to his family, rest in peace @Faldo

1 Like