The Cancer Thread

I am very sorry to hear that devastating news.
It must be chastening to see your dad who undoubtedly was an imposing powerful man deteriorate in no time at all. I hope all your family are pulling hard in behind him and you can take some solace in many memories and maybe some more to come in whatever way you can manage this Christmas. Wishing you and your family the best. Leave nothing unsaid.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Thereā€™s no harm in having a bit of hope. People do go into remission and what odds if its false hope, it might brighten the days ahead and thereā€™ll be plenty of time to accept the end if or when it comes.

2 Likes

Iā€™m very sorry to read that @Watchyourtoes. As @croppy_boy says, say everything you want to say, make sure as much as humanly possible that your father is showered with all the love he deserves. Try and leave no regrets on your part. Explore every avenue to try and make him as comfortable as possible. The grief is unavoidable, it has to be endured to ever come to terms with it in the long run.

1 Like

So sorry to hear that

1 Like

Sorry to hear this mate. Fuck sake.

1 Like

Nothing worse than seeing someone you love reduced to that. My thoughts are with you and the family.

1 Like

Devastating as you rightly say. A difficult time for all but youā€™ve a chance to have the chats and the occasional laugh. I can only hope that heā€™ll be a comfortable as possible and that God welcomes him when the time comes.

1 Like

Very sorry to here that mate, best wishes to him.

Terrible news.

1 Like

Fuck. Thats all I can manage to say after reading that boss. Nothing, absolutely nothing I can post except we"re here

1 Like

Iā€™m very sorry to hear about your dad @Watchyourtoes. I hope you have a really nice Christmas together and that he responds well to treatment.

1 Like

I am very sorry to hear @Watchyourtoes

Fuck cancer.

2 Likes

Not much can be said to that mate. Fucking shit all round. But if there is any silver lining, you have an opportunity to make sure nothing is left unsaid.

FWIW I had a cousin with brain cancer who was told ten years ago time was up and is still with us. Though it has not been an easy road for her either, but they arenā€™t giving any timeline anymore.

Look after him and look after yourself, and use TFK as an outlet

1 Like

Sorry to hear this mate. Awful news. look after yourself @Watchyourtoes

1 Like

Fuck. Thatā€™s awful news. Iā€™m so sorry to read that. Itā€™s a solid Cunt of a disease.

1 Like

Ah Jaysus. Really sorry to hear that. Look after yourself. Weā€™re here for the cathartic vent or rant. Take time to be with your Dad now and do what you can.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear this.

1 Like

Life is not easy @Watchyourtoes. Sounds like your Dad has a story or two in him. Ask him one and ask to record him telling the yarn.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this @Watchyourtoes. Thatā€™s a tough read.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @Watchyourtoes. 60 is no age.

1 Like

Iā€™m very sorry to read that mate. A horrible disease - goes without saying.

Your comment about him saying his driving days are over struck home with me. When my Mam was sick, my auntie who she was caring for had to go into a nursing home. As she left the house she said ā€˜goodbye houseā€™ knowing that she would never return. It broke my heart.

She passed away in September at 95 years of age which is obviously much easier to accept than someone at 60 which is so young. My thoughts are with you.

16 Likes