The Cancer Thread

Well bollix to that, chief. Bate it once, you’ll bate it again. Go mbeidh an t-ádh leat.

2 Likes

Fuck it anyway. Keep fighting @iron_mike , we’re with you pal.

2 Likes

@iron_mike You will get through this Chief, be a bastard of a few months but ive no doubt you will be standing there clear at the end of it.

3 Likes

Saw the high post count which is never a good sign. The very best of luck to you Mike, keep the fighting spirit up.

3 Likes

Best of luck @iron_mike. Glad to hear the prognosis is positive.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this @iron_mike. Like the lads, I only clicked in cos there was so many posts. Fight like a fucking loon. And remember to keep posting when you’re on the good drugs. That was epic last time.
Also, you’re the fucking boss of this thread now. Single time cancer beaters like @Rocko can go and shite now. Or up their game if they’re really serious about it.

7 Likes

Well bollox anyway @iron_mike…ya bet the cunt once you’ll do it again :muscle: and stay out of them disabled toilets ya cunt :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s hateful Mike but if they tell you the outlook is good then it is good, those lads aren’t trying to bluff anyone. It’s their battle, you just have the slight misfortune of being the battleground.
Onwards and upwards

3 Likes

Fight on my men,"says Iron Mike,
I am hurt,but I am not slain;
I’ll lay me down and bleed a-while,
And then I’ll rise and fight again.

Give it hell Mike.

5 Likes

:hugs::+1::+1::+1::+1:

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

All the best @iron_mike , I’m not a praying man but I’ll make an exception tonight.

Sorry to change tack here lads.

Didn’t know this thread was in existence till last night, to be honest.

We lost Dad in June but I just wanted to commend the amazing work done by the onocology Dept. in St. James’ Hospital, we were given 5 years we wouldn’t have had due to their perseverance with trial drug after trial drug.

We spent his last weekend living in the hospital, the staff were simply magnificent in a terrible situation and I can’t praise them enough.

One last thing FUCK HOSPITAL CAR PARKS, I would have no problem paying for them if the money was reinvested into the dept. of health but I don’t believe it is, please correct me if I’m wrong?

31 Likes

I’m not sure where it is invested. Are they usually run by a private firm?

But yeah Joe Duffy has often had a segment about people with family members with long term illnesses. The cost of car parking for them over these periods would blow your mind. Just insult to injury. People in this situation should be cut some slack. Similar to the Drug Payments Scheme, there should be a max ceiling of payment per month.

Sorry for you loss pal.

We were given a 5e discounted bereavement ticket leaving the hospital.

Had it out with staff there one of the nights at 3am, we had received “the call” and set a land speed record getting up from Wexford, only to be told that the car park was closed for the night.

I aired my dissatisfaction with the car park security.

1 Like

That is rough man. Sorry for your loss.

So many things in this country would make your blood boil.

I don’t open this thread but there was so many posts the last 24hrs I said I’d better check it out. Best of luck @iron_mike the forum is behind you again.

5 Likes

Five euro is five euro, but jesus that’s crass in the extreme imo.

1 Like

Vincents make it pretty difficult to get the long term passes, you have to call to the office I believe. Ridiculous.