The Cancer Thread

Not good news but at least they can look at you and see what brute thickness and indomitable spirit can do. You gotta be prepared to battle this bastard if youā€™re gonna defeat it. Best of luck to them and continued good health to yourself.

7 Likes

She is absolutely right. No legislature should have the arrogance to tell an individual how they should live or end their life once nobody else is harmed by it. Live and let die, I suppose. We may all be glad of a comfortable end in due course.

11 Likes

I would tend to agree, but thereā€™s a hell of a nuance to this.

What if a person is not in control of their faculties? Can someone decide on their behalf and, if so, isnā€™t that open to horrendous abuse? The crowd below in Cork would be screaming for the button to be pushed if there was land involved.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why youā€™d need a palliative care team involved. Not saying it should be done lightly, but it should be available.
If an individual is deemed mentally capable then they should have the right and the opportunity to have a comfortable end of life.

Wot da fuq

2 Likes

Fuck

Hard lines - donā€™t fuckin lie down my late son and bro didnā€™t- and look at Mike :muscle::ok_hand::muscle:

3 Likes

Jesus heā€™s a decent sort.

12 Likes
3 Likes

Knowing the way ireland is going sheā€™ll probably lose her job because the kids werenā€™t socially distanced.

1 Like

It was in Georgetown.

Happy Christmas bud

Sake

Happy Christmas @Faldo

Thinking of you bro.

20 Likes

And you mate :+1:.

1 Like

Jez @Faldo, so sorry to read this mate. Your approach is excellent. Like others here I want to wish you the best. This cant be easy but try to rest somewhat and enjoy Christmas!

4 Likes

Cheers lads @carryharryā€¦ Rough few days, chemo didnā€™t work unfortunately after 3 rounds so itā€™s on to radiation and immunotherapy on Tuesday. Works for some so where thereā€™s hope thereā€™s a chanceā€¦

Tough few days with Xmas and the girls but thatā€™s probably normalā€¦ As that wank stevie g said we go againā€¦ Happy Christmas to everybody.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and for those of ye lucky enough to have kids enjoy that happiness that will be in their faces in the morning and give them a big squeeze.

Love from all here in teach faldo, thanks for the messages etc. All really appreciatedšŸ’—

91 Likes

God bless you mate.

Happy Christmas

4 Likes

Happy Christmas @Faldo - keep fighting the good fight

3 Likes

Happy Christmas.
What @Mac says about fighting the good fight is exactly right. A man with a big enough ā€œWhyā€ will withstand any ā€œHowā€.

4 Likes