The Canine Corner

On a day when we had a disgusting story here of about a dozen greyhounds found in a pitiful state at a “trainers” place (alongside an open pit with multiples canine skeletons), it’s heartwarming to see these posts. Fair play to you lads, lesser men would take an easy option with your dogs.
I don’t know how anyone can harm a dog. We banned the greyhound industry in NSW a couple of years back due to the systemic cruelty being shown to these creatures. It’s back now due to political pressure, but today is a big setback for it.

This story has a happy ending. I brought Southgate to the city vet this afternoon. He destroyed my car with hair and scratches, the vet scanned him for a chip, he was Doubtfull before hand, but then that sweet’ beep beep '. He rang the owners a young girl answered the phone and was delighted to hear the news. Hes going home.

18 Likes

fair play to you kid. You’ll have luck for this

2 Likes

He better cash it in on Sunday :wink:

4 Likes

And now the wife/you are looking for a pup…

No man all this told me is that I’m not ready to be an owner

1 Like

Ah bless

That’s a lovely little dog

1 Like

Got a nice lady companion for Bobby out of the pound today. Penny is her name.

14 Likes

:clap:

Did you ever see Southgate again?

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

@anon61878697

Keep Brady indoors

If Brady is anything like his owner, the thought of a bit of cougar action will only spur him on.

5 Likes

This is our second puppy. She was 9 weeks when we got her a few weeks ago. She was in a poor enough state when we got her but she’s flying now. She’s a Springer Beagle cross.

21 Likes

She’s a beauty. We’ve had a couple of springers, lovely dogs

A noble dog

1 Like

She’s already smarter than the other fella. He’s a loveable idiot. He’s a springer setter cross. He was 11 months when we got him. Nearly 2 now.
They get on surprisingly well.

You’ve a taste for mad dogs. A springer/setter would run all day?

Any man with two dogs has a bit of a ‘want’ in them.

Bobby looks like a bit of a simpleton

1 Like