The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Four. Flatty needs more help šŸ

I nearly missed the second spot as you donā€™t expect to see two big fishes in quick succession even on LHR DUB and I was slightly under the weather after a late night early morning in a Soho bar (outside which I slowed down but did not stop a phone thief) but I digress.

I was alerted by the luxury fabrics in earthy hues that only a very financially success artistic type wears to Neil Hannon of Divine Comedy in the row ahead of me.

He looks like a millionaire geography teacher and is quite short. Heā€™s a famous person who sort of resembles themselves rather than being exactly how you think heā€™d look. He was accompanied by his partner who I googled to verify it as actually being him. Celeb spot two factor authentication.

Neilā€™s partner is blonde but not as nice a shade as Vogue.

I left and they were at the baggage carousel which surprised me as I imagined theyā€™d have residences in both jurisdictions and travel lightly.

11 Likes

Spot

2 Likes

Neilā€™s gonna be a big deal again soon if the early reviews of Wonka are to be believed

1 Like

He hardly made any money out of divine comedy?

Casanova album and around that time was very plentiful for him in terms of singles and radio play - the Father Ted theme too may have helped.

He wouldnā€™t have made enough for a mansion but would have done ok. Gigs too.

I spotted Hannon at a Villagers gig pre-Covid in the Iveagh Gardens. He was stoned off his bhosca and is indeed v short.

Heā€™s a little hop o me thumb

4 Likes

The louche, rakish clothes and in particular the jaunty cravat suggested an insouciance in relation to financial matters.

He appears to have been travelling back from the premiere of Wonka based on my research since the spot. He didnā€™t appear to have over indulged at any post premiere event and/or party.

I preferred what he was wearing on the plane. Itā€™s probably an outfit Iā€™ll look to recommend over the coming weeks albeit at a more affordable price point. It could work for a lad visiting a partnerā€™s parents for the first time over Christmas as it suggests class and financial independence without being crass. Itā€™s the sort of outfit that would encourage a Muldoon mother to crochet a tie for.

3 Likes

Is he still with Cathy Davey? Sheā€™d be nearly a spot herself

He appears to be. She was dressed in a similar vein of 1970s luxury student union.

I didnā€™t log her as a spot as I didnā€™t know who she was.

1 Like

Professional Oirishman

Admirable Celeb spotting etiquette there. Other fellas could take a leaf out of your book

5 Likes

She lives in London. Most likely travelling (alone) to Dublin for work then?

I donā€™t like the tone of some of the responses to the Adjudicator recently.

I quite enjoyed that.

2 Likes

@Fagan_ODowd which celeb spot was the best ever in the history of the thread- Bill Murray or Samuel L Jackson?

Jimmy from Fair City.

I logged a spot of Wayne in an Applegreen before

Was he coked off his ballbag?

I saw a UFC fighter today.