The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Four. Flatty needs more help 🐐

Spot

1 Like

Who: Barry Cummins
Famous for: RTE journalist / crime correspondent / author
Where: TriBeCa, Ranelagh
When: Saturday, March 9th, circa 4.45pm to 5.15pm
Other notes: Readers will forgive the scant details of this spot given this reporter was accompanied by two young children and a spouse. Barry appeared to be having an early evening dinner in the Ranelagh institution that is TriBeCa. There were approximately six in Barry’s party and it appeared to be a relaxed affair. My party and Barry’s party were the only patrons in the restaurant and during quieter moments I occasionally heard Barry’s distinctive voice wafting through the air. Given Barry’s dinner clashed directly with the England v Ireland Six Nations clash (hence the lack of patrons) I surmised that Barry has little or no interest in rugby and is therefore likely to be a thoroughly alright sort. Barry exited around 5.15pm with this reporter exiting shortly after (leaving family behind). I was racing home to see The Arsenal but I would only be speculating if I was to suggest Barry was doing the same.

2 Likes

Mate - you need to sort out the cap lock.

Not a spot

6 Likes

Review required

3 Likes

Footix alert

@Raylan serious internetting. Biding your time to expose one of the most contentious celebrity spotting decisions (obviously not in the league of not awarding a spot for the man that bankrupted a bank)

2 Likes

Who: former Irish international Daryl Horgan
Where: the Dundalk St Patrick’s Day Parade, today.

Ex Irish international and current Dundalk player Daryl Horgan was pushing a double buggy and had some kind of St Patrick’s Day decorations on his head. He looked under the kind of pressure of you’d expect a fella pushing twins around the place and trying to dodge a few showers to be under.

Additional note: last year’s highlight of the parade, the truckload of wheelie bins, was back again this year.

4 Likes

My goodness, I almost forgot to post my spot of RTÉ News reporter & Morning Ireland presenter, Samantha Libreri, of Thursday March 7. If somebody could check the listen back facility on RTÉ online to confirm she wasn’t presenting that morning then that would be great. I was out for my morning run & was avoiding the gusty coast so decided to run a street or two parallel to it. I was sweeping around the bend by the roundabout at Clontarf Castle Hotel in Dublin 3 at around 8.45am when Samantha immediately came into view, walking in the other direction. We had one of those moments where we both motioned to move over to the same side of the path & then simultaneously back the other way. Third time lucky & we passed each other with polite smiles all round. She was wearing casual walking clothes - tracksuit, sporty light jacket etc.

3 Likes

Nice

Not a spot

2 Likes

Spot

1 Like

Ah here

3 Likes

A music journalist at a gig is now a spot seemingly.

2 Likes

The sword has swung, mate.

1 Like

Samantha Mumba wouldn’t be a spot these days, let alone Samantha Linguine.

Correctly too.
Lads will be claiming she was going work in tracksuit pants

Come back to me when she’s been played by Ewan McGregor in a Hollywood blockbuster.

2 Likes

LIVE SPOT:

Ex RTÉ newsreader Eileen Dunne sitting on the corner window seat stool in The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5. She’s with another female (sitting on the stool beside her) & they have finished their lunch (empty plates) & are chatting away. Soft drinks on the table & NO coffees/teas. I won’t speculate as to whether they will order takeaway hot drinks when settling their bill. Eileen is wearing blue jeans & a navy sweatshirt with a green trim. The other woman has just said, “It’s 2 now, will we make tracks?”

5 Likes

Spot