The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

What about @Smark’s spot? Are you allowing that?

1 Like

Three stellarly crap spots from the archive:

Who: Stuart McCall, then Everton footballer and scorer of two FA Cup final goals
When: July 8th, 1989, circa 9:30pm
Where: Douglas seafront, Isle of Man
Demeanour: Walking, laughing, probably drunk
Any other business: No

Who: Ian Marshall, former Oldham Athletic and Leicester City footballer
When: November 15th, 1997, circa 9:00am
Where: Near the entrance to the toilets in Dublin Airport departures hall
Demeanour: Looking hungover and shifty

Who: Jamie Baulch, former 200 metre and 400 metre runner and member of the 1996 Olympic silver medallist GB 4X400 metre relay team
When: May 24th, 2008, circa 2:00pm
Where: On the pavement in front of Cardiff Castle, Cardiff, Wales
Demeanour: Smiling amusedly and walking with his children

I’ve never heard of the other two, and stuart McCall is a blue nose cunt.

3 Likes

Good @Fagan_ODowd but I can top that one. We were on holiday in West Cork in 1976 and I blasted out 2 tunes on the box to a full pub. That wolly-headed lad Noel Redding was jamming along and he said I was a whole new Experience …

5 Likes

I can’t top that.

2 Likes

Who: Uaneen Fitzsimons, former No Disco presenter
When: Early July 2000, possibly July 6th, circa 1:45pm
Where: The now defunct TWO cafe, Chatham Row, Dublin 2
Demeanour: Effortlessly cool as fuck
Any other business: I was walking past the cafe and looked in and saw Uaneen having a coffee at the table nearest the window with a female friend. She was holding the cup in an elevated position in front of her mouth as she sat. I thought to myself “she looks way hotter in person than she does on the television”.

2 Likes

Who ??
NO.

Enjoyed the company of David Fairclough and Alan Kennedy (European Cup winners with Liverpool) in Cheltenham, November 2008. They joined into our group for a couple of hours and told some cracking stories.

3 Likes

Who: Darius Danesh, former “Popstars” contestant
When: circa January 2003, some weekday afternoon circa 3pm
Where: On the cobbled part of the square in Temple Bar
Demeanour: Walking alone and talking on his mobile phone
Any other business: I heard him utter the words “Hi, it’s Darius” into his phone as I walked past him.

1 Like

The obscurity of these spots is wonderful. Keep it up Sid.

Who: Jeff Kenna, Premier League-winning footballer
When: At least three times between 1988 and 1990 inclusive
Where: The upstairs classroom to the front and right, Chapelizod No. 1 National School (now St. Patrick’s National School)
Demeanour: Talking encouragedly to the class
Any other business: Jeff’s brother Warren was in my class at the time and the then Southampton trainee player was an occasional visitor to the school at the encouragement of teacher Mr. O’Driscoll.

Geri Halliwell.

November 1996.

Rickmansworth Sports Center.

She was busy at the customer service desk as I relaxed in the foyer
after a enjoyable 2k swim.

Who: Oisin McConville
When: August 5th, 2002, circa 3pm
Where: Outside Quinn’s pub Drumcondra
Demeanour: Wearing a Benfica jersey and jeans, possibly hungover or with a drink or two on him, stood in a slouched position at the edge of the kerb and talking to Donegal supporters
Any other business: There was a bookies’ shop around 15 yards from where he was standing

1 Like

Who: Jarlath Burns
When: August 8th, 2003, circa 7pm
Where: On the road between Forkhill and Crossmaglen, Co. Armagh
Demeanour: smug and wearing a pair of sunglasses
Any other business: Burns was driving alone in a recent model silver BMW which made a loud noise as it pulled up behind the more downmarket Waddell family car. Once a bend on the road had been successfully negotiated, he acclerated quickly, passed us out and disappeared into the distance.

Who: Bertie Ahern, then Minister for Finance
Where: O’Connor Park, Tullamore
When: May 31st, 1992
Demeanour: Shifty
Any other business: Ahern was dressed in a navy anorak and was standing on the back row of the now gone wet concrete benches at the end which is on the right of the camera angle. Beside him was former Fianna Fail TD Jim “The Yellow Rose of Finglas” Tunney who looked very shifty, certainly surly and possibly hostile.

4 Likes

I saw Joe in a pub recently enough. I couldn’t get over the size of him still. He is in good shape. He was also dressed unbelievably flashily, id have to say possibly not age appropriate. He had a pair of baby blue jeans on with a pair of v expensive brogues and a fancy shirt. He was jovial and drinking coffee, it was the type of pub where the coffee was maxwell house and he got the milk in a carton on the counter with the cup. The publican, who would be an acquaintance of mine, was positively fawning over Joe. A fact that created quite a talking point for the rest of the evening once Joe had left. There may even have been a couple (of hundred) of Fwieeend, Joe McKenna Fwieeend type of remarks thrown at him.

Great spot

Ex Gaa president Sean Kelly.

Time was 3.30pm just as the ball was being thrown in.

Thurles, way up at the far end on the Semple Stand side but before the terrace.

2011 Waterford match.

Extreme jovial and friendly.

Whom: Garret Fitzgerald.
Famous For: Being Taoiseach at the time.
When AIHF day 1984.
WhereOutside Tom Semple’s ould’ field in Thurles.
Attired: A fat cat in a pinstripe suit.
Located The front seat of a Saab vehicle.

Additional info. On a warm, historic day, as the majority of supporters trundled to the ground, the nee/naw siren clicked on to, the angst of most followers. As everything (tempers/heat/frustrations/porter levels) rose the bubble burst.

The crowd decided to eviscerate the hapless Garret, heaving the car up and down/sideways and back all with a view to seeing “blood on the street”.

Mercifully, and not for the 1st. time, Mr.Haughey appeared as if by magic (out of a Granada btw) and in an instant, with his customary waving of the arms/appealing for calm gestures, calmed the waters.

For the point of the thread I told Haughey let them hang the fucker, but he benigny sighed “not today Boxty”…

14 Likes

What a day that must have been for EPL Runt you little cuntflap.

2 Likes

Hegaveitallupforyou yes he gaveitallupforyou

1 Like