The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

@Tassotti

1 Like

That’ll do.

Could we tie it into a Hunger Games type tv show?

Stop making a joke out of it.

4 Likes

You’ll rue this day, I’m off to Shinawil, we’re gonna make a fortune when we bring this to the HSE.

How do you know? This situation has never arisen before.

Do you not think that some will be less likely to invest somewhere if the assurances regarding their tax compliance are not there in the end?

My guess is that if the government did just take the money you’d have some moan still. You’re just that type of person.

How can they? Welfare rates have not come down dramatically in Ireland. 5 euro cuts and cuts to people still living with their parents are not causing people not to have homes. This is made up nonsense by yourself.

The reason for the housing situation is simply down to supply.

IMG_0847

When you don’t build for several years and have a rising population (combined with previous stock of housing in the boom being built in awful locations that nobody wants to live), then you’ll have price rises.

More making stuff up.

I never said that there shouldn’t be firings or reorganisation in the HSE.

This post by me sums up my position on the issues in the public sector management. I think layoffs are essential, but I am not grandstanding over it.

Your response was to fire everyone.

For the last time, the EU are not asking us to change our tax rate. They are asking us to collect what they deem unpaid taxes reported by Apple as being earned in Ireland.

It is not that simple. Developers believe they won’t get a big enough return for construction which again leads back to my original point of the cost of living in this country.

Something is not addding up with your OECD stats, you mentioned how they estimate our welfare recipients are in good shape when compared with other members but yet the rate of homelessness has doubled in 3 years. Is this the going rate across other OECD countries? I’m not sure how your proposal of further cuts in welfare is going to address this problem? I think it will increase the numbers but please feel free to explain how cutting welfare will reduce the number of homeless people.

Throw up a link where I said all administrators in the HSE should be sacked.

Was probably outsourced and they had to pay a big fee for contract termination.

Drown 'em

Any multi worth it’s salt would be up and running in another part of Europe within a year. The whole of Eastern Europe speaks English now FFS.

2 Likes

Not really. The vast majority of single people in homeless services are addicts. They get 188 euro a week on the dole that goes straight to their dealers. Really it is much more of an addiction issue than a homeless one. The cost of living if it was to go down and welfare payments going up wouldn’t have any real impact on getting these people housed. They would just buy more drink/drugs.

1 Like

Maybe but what Eastern European countries offer a lower corporation tax rate? I checked Poland and it’s 19%. The EU are not challenging the Corporation tax rate, just how we apply it.

There will always be homelessness due to addiction but the number of homeless people has doubled in 3 years. Can’t all be down to addiction.

My original point was that cutting welfare will exacerbate homeless levels. Cost of living is what needs to be looked at. Some think cutting welfare payments should be applied to the elderly as it was such a success with the under 25s.

How does getting rid of bedsits fit into the homelessness narrative.

Politics of principle overriding reality.

How many homeless people are single males?
How many single males would previously have lived in betsits?

I’d love to know how many people would be homeless if Government and Banks took a harder line on people who failed to pay their mortgage for a sustained periiod. Would be some really interesting numbers.

1 Like

They should repossess the houses and give them to homeless people.

Thats a great plan. Would it perhaps save time to give them to homeless people, who may already have their belongings in the house?

Perfect scenario all the useless cunts are fucking off and the hard working immigrants are coming in to make our breakfast rolls

3 Likes