The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

And yet.

Labour and Social Economy Minister Yolanda DĆ­az of the left-wing United We Can party (Unidas Podemos), has defined the labour situation of the youth as ā€œa pending issueā€ that must be addressed with urgency.

ā€œThe main problem that Spain has is unemployment [ā€¦] but particularly that of young people,ā€ she said on Tuesday (8 June).

To correct this imbalance, the Spanish government has drafted a plan, Youth Guarantee Plan Plus 2021-2027.

Youā€™d rarely hear of Irish young lads going off to Spain for a genuine economic activity. Teaching is basically it, outside of that the drug dealers were the most successful migrants. You have the older generation who are already made head over to ā€œget a bit of sunā€ as well. Thatā€™s the height of it.

We were all very lucky to be born in such a great country

1 Like

Itā€™s totally irrelevant to my situation regardlessā€¦ How many of the Irish in employment will be able to afford a house in their own country? Stats are great but whatā€™s the point of employment if you can afford to live ? A couple on combined 100k canā€™t get a house in a decent neighbourhood in any of our citiesā€¦ But youth employment, lovely.

I donā€™t know, but the youth in Spain live at home until theyā€™re 30.

Thatā€™s despite property being significantly cheaper due to the worse economy.

Any parent emigrating there with their kid is basically paying roulette with their future. Great for the mums and dads to get their sun loungers out but a 1 in 4 chance of their kids being unemployed and also most likely still living at home until theyā€™re 30.

Thereā€™s loads of work in Spain. For all ages.

The stats donā€™t bear that out the Spanish government have launched an emergency plan to tackle it.

Your personal circumstances might mean moving there for a particular job makes sense, however your thread on the matter put it down to generalities.

ā€œI donā€™t like what the country has becomeā€- moves to a place doing worse.

1 Like

And lads on here want to send us back to the 1970s

Thereā€™s a housing crisis in the main Spanish cities too. Evictions like this are commonplace.

But itā€™s sunny.

Itā€™s gotten rightly under your skin :rofl:

Youā€™re both right pal ā€¦ Tim is right that a large amount of educated Spanish under 30s are here ,uk and Australia ā€¦ civil service jobs are like gold dust over there ā€¦ you are right in that your money goes a lot further there and you donā€™t need as much as youā€™re not getting ripped off everywhere you turn ā€¦ thereā€™s also awful messing regards the dole figures as lads would be working construction or the land and claiming the dole too so some of the stats would be way offā€¦

1 Like

One manā€™s messing is another manā€™s fraud.

Lads without an arse in their trousers digging holes for John Bull and drinking themselves to an early grave. Modern Paddy with his kitchen island and takeaway coffees pining for those days.

2 Likes

Lads with robots doing a job theyā€™d have been paid a few shillings by the local Protestant and doctor to do in 1974

1 Like

I know well. I never said Spain was a paradise but the establishment lackeys lose their shit if you suggest Ireland has problemsā€¦I potentially have a shot at a decent job in a nice part of the country by the coast where away from the tourist spots itā€™s relatively cheap.

1 Like

Will you have beans with the fry or stay true to your roots?

1 Like

Youā€™re spot on ā€¦ I find it funny the difference between here and there ā€¦ here a lad would be a ashamed to say heā€™s on dole even if legitimateā€¦ there they would openly boast about working and also getting the dole ā€¦even the aul lads would openly proclaim that the only reason they want to to live a long time is so the Gov would have to keep paying them a pensionā€¦

1 Like

Ireland is one of fattest countries in the world. The culture of the country is now greed. The cost of living was bad long before it was deemed a crisisā€¦ Bringing kids up in a country away from that has to be on most parents minds surely.

1 Like

If You could get a decent job there in a city itā€™s a much more relaxed way of life alright ā€¦ towns are full of politics a lot worse than anything Ireland serves up ā€¦

Nobody has ever said Ireland doesnā€™t have problems.

Just that saying Ireland is going down the shitter and suggesting Spain as better shows ignorance at best but more likely warped priorities.

Youā€™ve imagined lots of thatā€¦