The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

can you even get 4g in Dublin yet?

Salesforce will be leaving behind a very modern office building that could fit about 700 people in it. It was the old Microsoft building. I presume the IDA won’t be long filling this. The North Wall area is already a bottle neck so it’ll be funny to see what happens when this opens. There’ll be calls to wrap the M50 the whole way around Dublin and go under the sea to the east to link with the port tunnel again before long.

10 Likes

Some craic getting that Luas with another 2,000 people down there.

That project has been mooted for decades like a form of DART Underground. They still have some land saved for it by the Radison Stillorgan I believe.

The plans for Dublin from the 1970s are only about half way completed.

Same with the clock ticking on Cherrywood.

No fucking way would I live in Dublin lads. It must be an absolute nightmare there

1 Like

I don’t know how they do it. It must be like living in the capital of some tin pot banana republic in Africa

At least you can to Cherrywood easily enough by road from many directions. The North Wall and GCD general areas are already car parks during rush hour. The Dart can barely handle current capacity to the area as Connolly can’t handle the trains coming through it.

I decided to go on an organised trip to Afghanistan to see for myself what the place was like. It didn’t start well as the train I was on broke down just a few miles south of the station. I found myself stranded in a scary hell hole where no one around me spoke any English. The train and surrounding streets were full of Muslims, angry bearded types glared at me. All the local women were draped in black, head to toe in burqas. I was in deep shit. Just then, Jim our group leader ushered us off the train and round the corner from Hounslow Station to the bus terminal where we continued our journey safely to Heathrow.

5 Likes

Same ,lived in London when I had to ,way way younger ,big cities are shite to dwell in( nearly said live in)spend 4 plus hours traveling to work,shagged b4 you even start work.

You can get 1g, 2g, 4g or 10g if you fancy it.

We’ve no shortage of cocaine in Dublin.

Look at the enjoyment you are after getting out of limericks all ireland win. Imagine doing that four times in a row.

Aye,
I’d say I’d even make a good video after it.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It’s not all bad. I left my desk in Dublin 1 at 17.28 and was in the door at home via the DART and a couple of brisk walks before and after it in time to hear the Angelus.

4 Likes

Was that RTE 1 + 1 though?

2 Likes

I’m a roaster. I get nose bleeds once I hit Naas. Its just not for me. Each to their own. I spent 6 years up there. Had more good times than bad but when I decided to settle down, I ran out of the place

Think the Exo Building is going to be around 75m high. Harry Crosbie was proposing a building over 100m high on the same site.

Ridiculous how much square footage is wasted in a city that’s nearly the population of San Fran (the city not surrounding suburbs). This is the way to do it lads, this is a city that was razed to the ground 100 years ago and most of the high rises have been built in the past 20 years.

1 Like

1 Like