The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

The neighbours must be tapping in to her supply

She’s paying €1600 between childcare and housing, the Finnish one is paying the same with €1400 rent. She’ll own her house at the end the Finnish one won’t.

Her problem is the mystery €450 a month on the loan that she took out in the boom. The boom was at least 11 years ago now so what the fuck kind of a loan is it that she’s still paying it back? That’s her issue. That’s what’s pushing her into poverty.

She’s on the pay as you go which is a rob.
She’s also paying 60 a month in house insurance which is absolutely mental unless she lives in a mansion.

2 Likes

Would €1,000 a month be the going rate for two school age children in rural Ireland? Can’t be right is it? I appreciate she sometimes drops them off at 7am and picks them up at 9pm but €1,000 still seems mad.

Feel sorry for her regardless, even if she had the €480 she was paying back and a few hundred quid more it would be a challenging situation.

No mention of maintenance from the ex husband?

There are loads of issues with that article

• the Finnish one is masters educated but the Irish nurse takes home more
  • They’ve included maintenance in the Irish take home but not the Finnish one - not sure why
  • the Irish lady mentions she out was out sick for a long period
  • the Irish lady pays €600 mortgage the Finnish one pays €1400 rent - the Irish lady will own a house at the end of it. The Finnish lady would want a decent pension to keep up €1400 rent payments in retirement. People go on about how in the likes of Germany you can have long term rental properties, but they ignore the costs. OAPs in Germany going around picking up bottles to trade for coins in a well know phenomenon, i.e. the social welfare system doesn’t cater for everything.
  • the Irish lady has a €480 monthly loan repayment from the boom - that is a huge repayment to be making ten years down the line

If you were a financial advisor you would be scrutinising the loan and mortgage to see how these could be refinanced.

Additionally, it is no surprise that Kitty Holland has focused on a nurse and tagged the INMO tweeting it out. Connect the dots.

1 Like

Thats nice but not massively relevant to her cash flow now. Agree re the other loan. But poor people tend to have a lot of poor debt. Still only paying 1050 a month in loan repayments. If she had said that was her mortage or rent payment you wouldn’t have blinked.

She should be encouraged to log into the Ravenous thread here.
Fuck it they’d live like royalty on some of the recipies displayed there.

A large ham and egg pie courtesy of Mixer Walsh would do them a few days.
Those Offaly dopes aren’t resourceful at all at all.

She’s not suffering half enough according to some lads.

I was made redundant athe the start of 2014. I went on the meter after for obvious reasons.
20 notes a week is the maximum it’s cost me

2 Likes

Well, considering how we grew up, I’m genuinely shocked at a country that now considers nearly 3k a month take home to be poverty. That must be the equivalent of earning 50-60 grand a year.
That would certainly not be considered poverty in almost any other country.
It’s nothing to do with suffering, just the way Ireland has changed beyond recognition.

Have the meter here in Cark, 40 euro would last just under 2 weeks I’d say.

1 Like

I rest my case

1 Like

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/intel-prepared-to-invest-8bn-in-new-leixlip-development-1.3787348%3Fmode=amp

1 Like

Yup, I cannot wait to get out of Dublin for this reason. €1,400 a month in rent for a two bedroom apartment way outside the city…

New report today that 25% of the country are at risk of poverty — i.e , just about making ends meet… a quarter of the country just above the poverty line… shocking.

The boom is back

That 25% should marry cork wimmin with rich parents.

1 Like

We need to adjust the poverty line.

1 Like