The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

The poor are doing fine. It’s the working classes that get screwed

_Compared to the more equal countries of Europe, “it’s not so much Ireland’s poorest that fare as badly”, the report’s author Dr Robert Sweeney has said. _

“Where Ireland is unusual is in the low share of national income that goes to the working-to-lower middle classes,” says Sweeney. “The top ten percent does nicely and the top one percent in particular.”

It found that the living standard of lone parents in Ireland are among the worst in Europe as they have the second highest rates of income poverty, persistent poverty and severe deprivation among 15 EU peer countries.

Oh FG Agent FritzelBoy will be along now to tell you how you prefer us to be back in a recession. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s the point, a lot of people never left the recession …

Unfortunately they don’t count. FG and their supporters don’t give a shit about them, they would prefer if they just shut up and accept what they have been given.

Lets keep the recovery going

3 Likes

The crash was a God-send for Blueshirt cunts like Noonan, John Bruton and Sutherland. Enabled the transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich. The poor were beginning to have some comfort in their lives and you can’t be having that.

Plenty of lads willing to talk us back into recession. More handouts are what are needed some would think. I’m willing to do food drops to Taz’s crack den to help out his. If we all adopt a junkie family, we can fix this.

#adoptajunkiefamily2019

It’s the wealthy that are getting the handouts and it’s the poor that are giving it to them.

You’re so cute :kissing_heart:

Transfer of wealth from the poor to the wealthy?

Hard to believe isn’t it. “Quick, look over there, welfare cheat!!!”

What does that have to do with what you posted?

Yawn, so predictable. Nothing original. You really need to do a lot better.

1 Like

It’s quite simple Tim. Leo’s welfare campaign was a typically inept FG attempt at a decoy.

Interesting how your mind works.

I see government play the poor mouth when trying to resist pay increases for nurses, I see them target the less well off with juvenile campaigns, cuts to carers allownaces etc and one would think there is a resource issue here and hard decisions have to be made. But then I see them refusing to accept the award of 13bn. I find that kind of thinking disturbing and pity the mind that agrees with it.

That’s a real melting pot of things to give out about which are mostly incoherent.

You stated above that there was redistribution between the poor to the rich?

How?

So far you provided a “deflection” in terms of pursuing welfare fraud.

Welfare fraud was nowhere near as bad as made out. Not only was the campaign pitiful it was a waste of money. The hypocrisy of Leo holding that placard while fighting tooth and nail to enable Apple to avoid paying tax in Ireland was staggering. Surely even a cap doffer like yourself can admit this.

1 Like

I dont know where Mike is coming from , but if we are talking inequality or the failures of FFG- Tax is a big issue - those with means are able to exploit all manner of loop holes that lower income earners arent - and all these multi-nationals are paying very little, if any. The level of individual lower tax in Ireland may not be outrageous but then we get to step 2 - inflation, it’s crippling the less well off and i’d love to know how this is regulated/ measured? - Bank bailouts — AIB show record profits recently and pay no tax , like WTF? How do I get a bailout and tax free concessions for my fanny waxing business? – Our lack of building laws / planning - has left building in the hands of the few larger magnets -see children’s hospital… But i’m far from a financial expert.