The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

Sigh because you don’t have any argument here?

You give out about Brexiteers but your level of argument here boils down to feelings and saying Ireland should go for a heart to heart with the world.

OK Tim. :+1:

Well that’s on the thread and what was being responded to.

Sorry you can’t keep up over there in Dibsbury.

You never answered my question btw, have you ever read your companies tax comp?

Theres no point in arguing with someone like yourself to whom it is a quasi religion. I wont change your mind, youve demonstrated your aptitude for deflection and evasion. If you cant bring yourself to even consider that ireland has facilitated and continues to facilitate mnc tax avoidance, whilst hammering individuals, there just isnt any point in this.
Its not so much that i cant keep up, i dont care about it as much as you.

1 Like

What facts have you posed so far?

This is the sum of your posts;

That actually wasn’t even the initial argument, but it is factually incorrect.

This is untrue.

To the end of 2018 Apple have paid 75bn on their global profits. They then repatriated cash and paid 38bn (of profits that went through Ireland). That means an effective tax rate of 25%.

You are factually incorrect, despite what you feel.

This is actually an argument for France where there are extremelly high personal tax rates and a low effective corporate tax rate.

Again, here are the facts. As a proportion of Ireland’s tax take they pay far more than the OECD average.

1 Like

AOC’s first major policy win.

Lads, enough bickering now, can we all just pull in behind Leo and the lads, and lets keep the recovery going.

Does Ireland have one of the lowest effective corporation tax rates in the world?

We are mid table in Europe with an effective rate of 12.4% (most up to date).

We have relatively low PRSI rates, if the left want to have a go at something, then that’s where they should.

Is your worm farm Brexit ready?

Your beloved OECD has us at the upper tier for low tax rates, just below those who fall under the OECD definition of tax havens.

Is there a link between our standing in this table and the amount of profits being siphoned through Ireland?

Here is the full comparison with our EU colleagues. Mid table.

We pay comparatively low employers PRSI. Part of the reasons for that are;

1. we provide little benefits for self employed people. They pay very little in employers PRSI. Other countries have similar regimes, however, Ireland does not mandate health and other forms of insurance like other countries
  2. Corporates in Ireland ultimately pay a bit too much on profits here and that distorts things
  3. we have little to no tax on lower paid persons and this includes employers. The relative tax paid on lower income earnings (both employee and employer) is tiny in Ireland for lower paid persons.

We do also want to be an attractive place to do business so in comparison with our European neighbours.

We are at about German levels of employers PRSI.

The Government have been putting in increases to that for the last few years. That’s a good idea when we actually improve what people get when they immediately lose their jobs in this country.

It is in the throes of a tie rack like expansion.

You were the chairman of an Irish listed company 2 hours ago. Have you been demoted?

I demoted myself for not pulling on the green jersey enthusiastically enough.

Let’s stick to the Corporation Tax rates for now. The table you provided seems to show a variation to OECD and other sources. Can you send on a link for the Total Tax and Contribution Table?

You are not going to accept his argument whatever he sends on now are you.

1 Like

Just like you won’t address the poverty issues FFG are creating

We’re richer than we have ever been pal. Lads without jobs are obese and fly off to Spain on holiday. They live better lives than the lords lived 100 years ago.

2 Likes

Because it is out of date.

The variance on the two rates is 0.6%. Either way it is extremelly close to the 12.5% headline rate which above you said;

If you want to talk about employers PRSI then fine but you have absolutely no clue about corporation tax.