The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

There are variances between your table and the OECD tables. Just want to check what they are. Unlike you I donā€™t know everything. Link when you get a chance.

How is poverty defined in Ireland?
How does a government create the kind of poverty described in the report you posted?

The definition of poverty these days seems to bear no resemblance to actual poverty of old, not that thats a bad thing, nor that Iā€™d underestimate the relative poverty of people struggling either.

Poverty these days is defined by low income (60% of the median I think) and how much stuff you can afford to buy, spend on entertainment, etc. Education is and has been the only solution to poverty. Government should try and address the root causes of poverty, which are leaving second level school before graduating and having kids before you can afford them (either emotionally or financially).

1 Like

I only want to pay 12.5% tax

Set up a company

2 Likes

Heā€™ll still pay a high rate of tax if he wishes pay himself a decent income

Itā€™s too late for you now but marrying into 300 acres or thereabouts would have been a good start. Youā€™d be eligible for practically free 3rd.level education, possibly an aulā€™ GMS card and assorted grants.
@KinvarasPassion is probably better aware of these benefits and how to secure them but the job has stymied the bulk of them.

Youā€™ll be able to advise your own children going forward.

1 Like

As a complete aside, hiw old do you have to be to leave school and take up employment in ireland?

16 afaik. Open to correction however. You have to be 16 to work legally but you can leave school when you get away with it.

1 Like

Throw up that aul link there @Tim_Riggins while I have some time to spare.

A link?

The papers are there and I gave you the reason. You are too lazy to gain any knowledge on this so why donā€™t you go and have a read up on this yourself?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/restaurateur-ronan-ryan-and-exmiss-ireland-pamela-flood-wont-have-to-pay-any-of-1-2m-debt-on-dublin-home-37893072.html

Link for the tables/charts you put up please.

Seems like a sensible enough compromise

1 Like

Iā€™m not familiar with this couple at al ā€” why did he stop paying the mortgage? Did they go bankrupt or something?

Itā€™s a grand old life.

Oirish celebs are mostly not that wealthy.

1 Like

Yeah not enough dosh Iā€™d say. Given the choice most people would pay the mortgage if they could because they donā€™t need the stress.

And mostly not that famous