The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

Was that house really worth a million? If it is, that’s a bit depressing.
Same lads complaining about repossession will we complaining about the high mortgage rates.

2006 tbf

Would it be approaching that kind of value again these days?

Not a clue, but I don’t think the top end of the market has recovered to near the prior levels.

When she was on the telly and he was charging people 150 euro for a plate of pasta … the good old days.

The article says she has had career troubles … did RTE drop her for anything in particular?

Her career went Off the Rails iirc.

2 Likes

This is an interesting bit of info here Tim which seems to contradict your point above. It seems Irelands rate has us in top 20 for lowest Corp tax rate in the world. Average rate in Europe is 18%. The weighted average is 25% in Europe which might explain why a lot of European profits are routed through their Irish subsidiaries.

Still waiting for the link.

Are you really wheeling back here to headline and effective rates? Learn a bit on what you’re talking about and come back to me.

She was hopeless. While she was very pretty, she was like a rabbit staring into the headlights. She was so bad they replaced her with your man Brendan Courtenay.

1 Like

It’s on a much sought after street in Clontarf but selling properties in that bracket at the moment of s difficult because of the strict application of the mortgage rules. There are few enough couple with 300k in combined income, so unless you meet a cash purchaser you’ll be waiting.

Mortgage repayments are for little people .

She used to do the RTE fashion show with Caroline Morahan . She was a stunning looking woman .

But I’m asking you Tim, you’re the one who said Ireland was mid-table when it came to Corporation Tax.

Imagine if it was travellers who had occupied a house for 10 years and didnt pay a penny for it.

2 Likes

They would be asking for their stables to be built on.

God bless Mickey Noonan

Is that close to full employment, as in everyone who wants a job has one?
Significant that the two countries that get criticized on here more than most, the US and UK, are at 4% unemployment or essentially full employment. France is at 9%, Italy 10.5% and Spain 14%.

The UK figures are heavily massaged by zero hours contracts.

1 Like

Howe many of those jobs afford a decent standard of living tho? - the cost of living in Ireland is outrageous and i’d harbour suspicions that half of those jobs are minimum wage or just above…

Lots done, a lot more to do.

1 Like