The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 1121182, member: 246”]“The economic miracles of Michael Noonan”… Would you ever fuck off…The health service is a fucking international disgrace.
I’m not complaining in a personal capacity per.we as we’re covered but the facilities or lack of afforded to the general masses is fucking prehistorical. I’ve been to three major medical centers in the past months and the correlation between needs/appointments/beds is fucking atrocious.
I may appear a mild mannered citizen, but having paid my way for 50 years, I’m fucked if I’m gonna be stymied by a rotund squinty-eyed demon who tells me " You"all have to come back next week".
Michael Noonan’s history with Health is dubious, as is the current incumbents but Boxtyeater is demanding top drawer care in his mild-mannered way…The Queen is home for good this night fortnight after 7 months.
We never died a winter yet…[/QUOTE]
Now Boxty your allegiances are well known and your horse didn’t exactly perform wonderfully when it was in the race. Noonan has been a breath of fresh air as our Min for Finance and thank god for him given how the other fella died a death when in the job. 3 cheers for Fine Gael, huzzah.

FG will attempt to replicate Swiss model healthcare regarded as best in world - consumer driven. The communists in SF will carp on about public system - a system which has failed us because it is run for the benefit of human resources in hospitals and not the consumers, the patients.
[I]
Swiss citizens buy insurance for themselves; there are no employer-sponsored or government-run insurance programs. Hence, insurance prices are transparent to the beneficiary. The government defines the minimum benefit package that qualifies for the mandate. Critically, all packages require beneficiaries to pick up a portion of the costs of their care (deductibles and coinsurance) in order to incentivize their frugality.

The government subsidizes health care for the poor on a graduated basis, with the goal of preventing individuals from spending more than 10 percent of their income on insurance. But because people are still on the hook for a significant component of the costs, they often opt for cheaper packages; in 2003, 42% of Swiss citizens chose high-deductible plans (i.e., plans with significant cost-sharing features). Those who wish to acquire supplemental coverage are free to do so on their own.

99.5% of Swiss citizens have health insurance. Because they can choose between plans from nearly 100 different private insurance companies, insurers must compete on price and service, helping to curb health care inflation. Most beneficiaries have complete freedom to choose their doctor, and appointment waiting times are almost as low as those in the U.S., the world leader.
[/I]

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1121258, member: 2272”]FG will attempt to replicate Swiss model healthcare regarded as best in world - consumer driven. The communists in SF will carp on about public system - a system which has failed us because it is run for the benefit of human resources in hospitals and not the consumers, the patients.
[I]Swiss citizens buy insurance for themselves; there are no employer-sponsored or government-run insurance programs. Hence, insurance prices are transparent to the beneficiary. The government defines the minimum benefit package that qualifies for the mandate. Critically, all packages require beneficiaries to pick up a portion of the costs of their care (deductibles and coinsurance) in order to incentivize their frugality.

The government subsidizes health care for the poor on a graduated basis, with the goal of preventing individuals from spending more than 10 percent of their income on insurance. But because people are still on the hook for a significant component of the costs, they often opt for cheaper packages; in 2003, 42% of Swiss citizens chose high-deductible plans (i.e., plans with significant cost-sharing features). Those who wish to acquire supplemental coverage are free to do so on their own.

99.5% of Swiss citizens have health insurance. Because they can choose between plans from nearly 100 different private insurance companies, insurers must compete on price and service, helping to curb health care inflation. Most beneficiaries have complete freedom to choose their doctor, and appointment waiting times are almost as low as those in the U.S., the world leader. [/I]
[/QUOTE]

Does Dignitas come in the package?

Encouraged I’d say as a money saver.

"Now we all know there are people who will never work, who are allergic to work, so we’re not including those in the statistics, but everybody who wants a job will have a job in the next couple of years.”

:clap:

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1135541, member: 1786”][I]"Now we all know there are people who will never work, who are allergic to work, so we’re not including those in the statistics, but everybody who wants a job will have a job in the next couple of years.”

:clap:[/I][/QUOTE]
What a guy. :clap::clap:

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1135541, member: 1786”][I]"Now we all know there are people who will never work, who are allergic to work, so we’re not including those in the statistics, but everybody who wants a job will have a job in the next couple of years.”

He calls it like he sees it.

Tuesday night and it’s standing room only at the rooftop bar in The Dean. Place is buzzing. We’re back guys.

Murph and Eoin McDevitt from Off the Ball in situ also.

Crush their benefits Michael

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1139149, member: 6”]Tuesday night and it’s standing room only at the rooftop bar in The Dean. Place is buzzing. We’re back guys.

Murph and Eoin McDevitt from Off the Ball in situ also.[/QUOTE]
Second para is costing you winner ratings

He’s cutting funding to Accord - the crowd that do the pre-marriage courses. Never even realised the state funded them. They charge enough for their courses so don’t see why they should have state funding in the first place. In 10 odd years we’ll look back at the idea of pre-marriage courses and laugh about how backward they were. If a couple have lived together before getting married for any amount of time they’ll have encountered 90% of what those courses cover anyway.

I found the pre-marriage course useful

asked if any need to invite the priest to the reception

Was told no need at all

The bishop who is president of accord got mugged off good and proper on newstalk this morning.

O’Connell Streets all over the land should be renamed as Noonan Boulevard

The unemployment rate fell to 9.9% by the end of March, according to the Central Statistics Office, putting it below 10% for the first time since 2008.

The National Treasury Management Agency has sold €500m worth of six month Treasury Bills at a negative yield.

The bills were sold with an annualised yield of -0.03% - an improvement on the -0.01% rate secured in a similar sale in March.

The man who saved us from economic ruin, the man who showed the IMF the door. :clap:

If we lose Sunday I’m proposing Michael Noonan as the new manager of the Limerick hurling team.

He’d be better as a Maor Uisce.

West Limerick man Michael Noonan has just told the banks what’s what

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1145757, member: 1786”]West Limerick man Michael Noonan has just told the banks what’s what

:clap:[/QUOTE]
Snap election on the way. There’s votes to be had.
Rabble rabble rabble

:clap::clap:Is he now Ireland’s greatest living person? I think so.