The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

There’s been a strong effort to whip up support for SC by the Fianna Fáilers. They know well he is a far easier electoral proposition than Varadker. Varadker will mobilise Irish tax payers sick and tired of paying for all the wasters in this country.

SC will get it though, Fine Gael have never had the balls to go for the kill and plenty of their members wouldn’t want a gay man in charge.

Peter Sutherland has his ear. FG are an awful shower of cunts. As bad as Fianna Fail were they were only sorting themselves out rather than bowing down to outsiders and letting them loot the country.

3 Likes

Davy are just a Government shill.

Tax targets being missed all over the shop.

Fg grassroots are still not ready for a fudge packing passivist.

1 Like

“Tax targets” were well ahead of forecast when we had slower growth, they aren’t mutually exclusive.

Not “meeting” the targets is a handy way to slow union demands for pay increases though.

The Kaiser, the sly old fox.

Drink it in maaan!!!

1 Like

What’s a passivist, dullard?

I think he’s pretty sharp, smarter than most of what’s in the Dáil or in ministerial seats even.

a person who believes that war and violence are unjustifiable.

A peace maker, pacifier, someone that doesn’t believe in violence or war or getting their hands dirty.

See Snowflake

:snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

Happy with that? Now go find a tree to hug.

1 Like

:joy:

Lapsed poster @TheUlteriorMotive would have loved that.

Varadker has something of the night about him. FG will make no gains with him as leader.

Kenny has run rings around Varadker the last few years which tells me all I need to know about the chap. Coveney seems a lot shrewder IMO, not just playing to gallery on every issue.
Which ever one of them it is, having a Taoiseach who capable of public speaking without causing minor crises every time will be a nice change.
Any chance old Richie Bruton could dark horse it?

I think there is room for a John Major style compromise candidate. Coveney and Varadker will tear stripes off each other. I’d say age is against Bruton and Fitzgerald (She’s been a total disaster as Tánaiste too) so the only dark horse I could see emerging would be Paschal Donohoe. Donohoe has been canny enough to rule himself out of the running for next leader, he could yet step forward as the man to unite the party.

SC is and he isn’t. He dirtied his bib amongst the party faithful in 2010 in his backroom operating in the Kenny heave.

Fitzgerald hasn’t been a disaster as Tanaiste . I will say no more .

You obviously haven’t seen her hapless performances in the Dail. She hasn’t a fucking clue.

3 Likes