The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

Ireland attempted to rig the rules in order to aid Apple evade paying tax. EU rightly called them out on it. EU are not trying to change our Corp Tax rate. They are just ensuring thereā€™s no unfair advantage granted. If those profits had nothing to with Ireland then they shouldnā€™t have allowed Apple record them here.

My God, do you know how transfer pricing works? :joy:

this forum has officially jumped the shark

thatā€™s me done

Goodbye

4 Likes

@Tim_Riggins you appear to have saved the forum. You really have drained the swamp
Kudos

5 Likes

Looking forward to your next incarnation. May I suggest the Creature from the Swamp.

Is that all you have? A nonsense rhetorical question and a smiley? Pathetic but not surprising.

The issue with Apple and other MNCs isnā€™t a legal one (in the sense they are doing nothing illegal), itā€™s an ethical one. Tax laws have been developed over decades, but mostly to favor MNCs who are funding the campaigns and lobbying the politicians who write the laws.

The ethical issue is that Apple and other MNCs should be paying tax on their profits somewhere, either the USA or the country where the product was sold or perhaps a mix of both. Relatively speaking they sell very little in Ireland so very little tax should be paid in Ireland. However, they are using their negotiated low tax rate in Ireland to avoid paying tax elsewhere. As the law allows them do this, the only way the EU could go after them is via anti-trust arguing that Ireland are providing Apple with an unfair competitive advantage.

I suspect Ireland will never see a Euro of the 13B and after Trumpā€™s tax reform package is passed it will be divvied up between the US and other counties (where it belongs).

Therein lies the risk of principles based rather than rules based regulation. Too easy for CEOs to hide behind shareholder need to make decisions that skirt the fringes if whatā€™s ethical or not. Neither system is perfect

What is it with you recently? Thatā€™s a disgusting post.

The last line shows you donā€™t know how TP works so thereā€™s no real point in engaging with you.

Rents at an all time high.

Is that a miracle or a disaster?

For Fine Gael or for the country?

ā‚¬2,500 for a 2 bed in Sandyford. Weā€™ve literally learned nothing.

Same all over the World, the shit youā€™d hear going on in Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc is all very reminiscent of the Celtic Tiger.

Itā€™s great for the slum landlords on here.

3 Likes

Its fucking great news is what it is.

:ronnyroar:

This is your latest thing is it?

5 Likes

Read back, this has been the thing for some time my little friend.

1 Like

The EU have no problem with transfer pricing. All multinationals use it. What the EU have a problem with is unfair advantage provided to multinationals operating in Ireland. The Irish government facilitate a con job by multinationals and then shout ā€œwelfare cheatā€ out of the other side of their mouths and fools lap it up.

2 Likes

Your last statement in the previous post shows you donā€™t understand it.

ā€œAll multinationalsā€ now is it?