The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

aka the ballsy guys

1 Like

There hasn’t been a peep out of any other multinationals operating in Ireland so assume they were afforded similar treatment. Again, the EU have no problem with transfer pricing. You fume at “doleys” getting an extra fiver a week yet are happy to see our govt facilitate tax avoidance schemes by billion dollar corporations. You’re some beaut.

1 Like

I was paying 1200 in Sandyford less than a year ago. Where is it 2500? Beacon Cubes?

I’d really rather not.

1 Like

Landlords market out there at the moment. At the start of the decade it was a renters market and there wasn’t much of a hoohaa about it. Landlords are now cashing in to get back on an even keel after the losses they made during the crash.

Was speaking to a couple of makes who are landlords and they are still not getting enough in rent to cover the cost of the property. I was just talking to estate agent last night about my apartment on whether to sell it or rent it and they reckon I should rent it out for another year and then sell next year at the top of the market. Also my rental estimation was €300 below theirs.

Nailed it. http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartments-for-rent/sandyford/cubes-8-beacon-south-quarter-sandyford-dublin-1720141/

The rent is not covering their mortgage repayments?

Imaginosity just around the corner, perfect for a small family.

Yep. Those that bought at the height of the boom are still loosing money but not as much as they did when the arse fell out of the market. Also when they bang on about the rental market they don’t take into account the costs landlords incur with renting a property such IRTB costs, Property tax, income tax and probably the most costly of all is the Maintenance Fees. Then there is the cost of the parking spaces as well but that only applies to places like the Beacon firetraps and apartments in the city centre.

1 Like

The other thing is that landlords are charged income tax on the full rentAl income.

1 Like

I see it’s also listed as being available for short term lets which would always attract a premium.
Plus it also had a price drop from 2,600 so people aren’t biting. All in all, pointless using it as barometer.

Christ that’s scary, rents at an all time high and they’re still losing money.

I know. Now they are not losing as much now probably down a 100 or 200 a month but when the arse fell out of the market they had to drop the rents by nearly half which meant that most were having to top up the rent with their own money to meet the mortgage repayments. Anyone who bought rental property between 2005 and 2007/8 are the ones that would be most affected.

This I feel is big reason why there are so few listings on Daft etc. I reckon the black market rental economy is booming, particularly outside of the cities. From my own recent experience of looking for a place to rent there was practically nothing listed online, but once you asked around and put the word out there that you were looking for a place then we were able to get something reasonably quickly.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely. Cubes were always silly money.

Big time value if you like living in a charmless industrial estate but you know, each to their own.

This is part of the reason that banks won’t lend money for property development.
They are trying to recoup their losses on buy to let properties from the boom.Side deals with landlords/accidental landlords will ensure that by the time this little bubble bursts, the balance sheet will be relatively intact

I wouldn’t be surprised by that at all especially anyone with 1 or 2 properties avoid all the costs. Everytime a landlord gets a new tenant they have to pay €90 euro to the PRTB and you don’t get anything for your money.

All most of the landlords with 1 or 2 properties are doing is waiting for the price of the property to go up to where they are no longer in negative equity

Will they sell on then?

Hard to have much sympathy for them really.