The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

Good luck trying to cut a deal with BOI if you had either assets or a decent income.

If you donā€™t put up the rents (which is more than fair and sensible) then are you not caught when they eventually move out in that the new rent mist be benchmarked against last tenancy and not prevailing market rates?

In what parallel universe are you living in that you could just rock up to the bank and cut a deal?

Fortunately for us, thatā€™s not with the EU say.

Not for private landlords, they can charge the market rent for the area that they are in and the tenant agrees with the rent that they will pay. So if a tenant moves out then you can put the place on the market for what ever the market rent is if you want too. Then when the tenant moves in then you can leave the rent as is. I know when I rent my apartment the rent that they agree will be the rent that they will pay till they leave or till I decide to sell. The reason why I wont put it up is that when I advertise I believe I am getting the top of the market. Now if they are cunts of tenants and nothing but trouble then I will put up the rent in the hope they leave.

1 Like

Two wrongs donā€™t make a right .

The EU have asked the Irish government to COLLECT the tax .

Who needs ā‚¬13 billion any way? Tim has no interest in the ā‚¬200 million lost by NAMA in the Project Eagle sale either. He was more interested in attacking the PAC when they released their findings. Tim is however interested in catching out some young one on the dole.

1 Like

The FG way.

Which is a fair enough request. Can you fathom why they would want to appeal such a reasonable request?

Tim is pro business, heā€™s not interested in consequences.

1 Like

Yes I can.

On grounds of sovereignty for one. Also on purely pragmatic grounds that current and future FDI would be affected.

My understanding is that even if new tenants moved in, you couldnā€™t raise rent beyond the rent controls allowed?

Ok, if incomes are high then there is little you can doā€¦ however if your basic standard of living is suffering
greatly because of an investment mortgage then there were optionsā€¦

• Visit MABS and get advice on allowable living expenses (higher then you think)
  • Get expert in to review all loan documentation for gaps (many existed)
  • Stop paying mortgage and just give them the rent minus expenses
  • If highly stressed get assessed by medical professional and warn the cunts to back off

These cunts got tax payers money to solve their solvency issues.

Thatā€™s not fortunate for us. None of this money was made in Ireland, they are grabbing it for the big European fish where this money was created.

But Apple design their phones in the US.
The marketing team designs their plan in the US.

That is where the true value is in that 600 hundred euro phone.

You dislike multinationals at large and the whole notion of TP, donā€™t lie. Your comment on all multinationals shows this.

I have repeatedly said I would not have set up NAMA and that we have far too much state intervention in the housing market.

I also said that the hand wringers in this country were;

• demanding NAMA was protiable, or there would ever meaning and secondly, that it shut up shop quickly

This has meant NAMA have been selling assets and portfolios quickly and at the same time.

This is more windmilling.

But the EU have said the money is ours Tim.

You want the fight the EU so we donā€™t get ā‚¬13 billion while at the same time hounding some unmarried mothers for their dole money.

Incorrect.

It has already been suggested other countries could claim monies.

Secondly, an independent tax code is a part of our sovereignty as a country. If the Irish state deem it necessary to challenge this, then that is their right to. Have a study of EU Law maybe and the case law.

The rent controls are set at the current market rate and is there really to stop landlords from lashing the rent up by astronomical amounts. The rent can now only rise by a maximum of 4% now. If you are putting a rental on the market you can set the prices to what the local market rate is, so if I was charging someone 800pm and they move out, then I can put the rental on the market for the current local market price say 1000pm, when it is rented and it is agreed the tenant will pay 1000pm then I can only increase that rent by 4% annually.

This is from http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/rent_increases.html

For a new tenancy (starting on or after 24 December 2016) in a Rent Pressure Zone, the landlord may raise the rent once every 12 months. The maximum rent increase will be 4% per year. The landlord must give the tenant the following information, in writing, at the start of the tenancy:

The amount of rent that was last set under a tenancy for the dwelling
The date the rent was last set under a tenancy for the dwelling
A statement as to how the rent set under the tenancy of the dwelling has been calculated, having regard to the Rent Pressure Zone formula

Based upon that it would seem that any new tenancy rent is linked to the previous rent and not the market rent for the area. My understanding is this follows through for an apartment sale too effectively reducing the value of the apartment. This screws over any ā€œdecentā€ landlords imho.