The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

That’s a lovely bit of downward class warfare right there.

“The biggest takers in society”.

Flesh that bit out, pal.

Who do you think are bigger “takers” - single mothers looking for a home, people on unemployment benefit, carers etc., or massive multi-nationals, financial institutions, vulture funds and wealthy individuals who pay a pittance, if anything, in tax?

Think carefully, now.

1 Like

Public sector workers, many of whom are middle class or would class themselves as such.
Third level students.
The generously funded Charity sector, many of whom duplicate services and have an incentive to moan as it is what sustains them.

The single mothers looking for a home would be like this one;

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/mum-living-in-onebed-flat-with-three-children-soon-to-be-homeless-the-hap-scheme-is-a-joke-35648769.html

3 newspapers gave her time.
3 kids by 22, demanding her forever home.

It’s very telling that you don’t consider the biggest takers in society as such, and don’t even mention them in your response.

You really have devoured the class warfare dictionary, haven’t you?

The one that calls the actual biggest takers in society “wealth creators”, and calls workers and those most in need “the biggest takers in society”.

You’re a walking case study in the use of Orwellian language.

1 Like

Huh?

Have you managed to get through that Piketty book yet actually or still struggling through the introduction?

The reality in Ireland is that the people with the biggest voice are the ones who take the most from the public coffers. Trade unions, charities ect. The big problem with the left in Ireland is that they will defend bus drivers taking home 60k a year because they don’t wear a suit and tie, to the detriment of the actual lower paid members of society.

Don’t forget the state guaranteed defined benefit pension schemes.

You still haven’t dealt with my points.

That’s because you have a very transparent ideological agenda to defend the richest in society, who by any standards, are the biggest “takers”.

Far easier to blame single mothers.

Such a bus driver is most likely a member of a union with influence and muscles to flex.
A minimum wage worker in a supermarket or nursing home does not have that support and has no-one shouting for them. And you can be damn sure the average 60k bus worker does not care about them.

Dublin Bus drivers earn an average of 35k a year.

What points?

My simple point is this.

Often times though who take the most from the state’s coffers are the ones who get to sound off and will sound off. It is actually in their interest to do so.

I’m not going to get into writing paragraphs with you, because you don’t have a notion of what you’re talking about. A failed journalist, and it’s not like the successful journalists understand economics either.

I’ll just leave you with this.

The reality about Ireland is that it is one of the best places on earth to live. Of course there are problems and things to solve, but turn on a radio station and wait for the moaning or badgering for more from the State from the takers. The people who say these things usually think Ireland is the only place on earth with some corruption. The only place with rough sleepers. The only place with high house prices. Basically the types who don’t leave the place and have a look around the world.

4 Likes

I agree except;

• minimum wage is a government intervention in the market. Someone shouted for them. Likely a charity like SVDP
  • Ireland has one of the most progressive tax systems in the world. People on minimum wage pay little to no Income tax. Again, someone represented them there
  • Ireland has a whole host of affordable and free education schemes for people to go on
  • Ireland has a whole host of subventions for people on low incomes

I do agree that they don’t have a powerful union shouting for them, but there are clearly supports there.

2 Likes

Indeed, that is the case. The biggest “takers” are those who control the media narrative - they own and control the media and its narrative. And you’ve point blank refused to acknowledge the reality that they are the biggest takers in society, because your ideological agenda is designed to further that narrative.

I have a damn sight more understanding of it than yourself, mate. That’s quite obvious, given that you don’t have anything beyond the standard Sindo cliche book.

The “failed journalist” trope is really boring at this stage, pity it doesn’t bear any resemblance to reality.

“Failed lawyer” and failed forum poster certainly is your reality, though.

Such a waste of expensive private education.

The Kaiser. We’ll raise a glass to him this year.

What a time to be alive.

Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Fuck the begrudgers mate let them grumble into their pints while we quaff our champagne bellinis

More liquid gold for me and my buddies please.

Fallon & Byrne, Rathmines

:clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:

1 Like

‘Gourmet popcorn chef and connoisseur’

:smile:

That would be ideal for the Stella

55 quid per KG
:clap:

1 Like

Tayto cheese and onion would cost you nearly 40 Euro a kilo if you bought the packs individually