The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

Itā€™s very similar to county galway where you have foreigners with big pockets coming in buying up acres of scraggy bog land.

3 Likes

It has outgrown itself. It needs to start building tall buildings. Honestly, itā€™s a fine city, but it sounds a bit of a shambles tbh. A country should look after its own first in any case.

Letā€™s all go back to the 80s where half of the city was no go, a significant chunk of people were addicted to heroin, half the educated population was emigrating and the only people making a good living were the established professional classes living in the coastal region of Dublin.

Actually we really should go back.

1 Like

There is a middle ground ya know.

1 Like

A Noonan quote

ā€œYou criticise me for not intervening with vulture funds. Well, it was a compliment when they were so dubbed in America because vultures, you know, carry out a very good service in the ecology. They clean up dead animals that are littered across the landscape.ā€

Cunt should be hung for high treason.

1 Like

I think thereā€™s a strong argument to house google employees and their children in separate cages on their work premises. This would free up housing stock and lead to a better functioning property market in the city and elsewhere. Ireland should take lessons from the likes of America.

:disappointed_relieved:

If only @Sandymount_Red still posted here. Then I wouldnā€™t be on my e-own.

What about @Blake?

Iā€™m still here pal :disappointed_relieved:

Does @Blake live in the area? How come he never comes to our monthly meetings?

You too Crutches?:open_mouth:

That includes the site costs too though

Building costs much lower than final cost

It was on Yates last weekā€¦ even when the council own the land itā€™s well north of 300k to build in Dublin anyway.

Youā€™d have make shoe box apartment with no parking etc to get below the 300k

You only pay Google when someone actually clicks on your advert with them.

ye got covered in mud last Sunday

Thatā€™s some Bertie Ahern level bullshit.

Itā€™s time to return the Docklands and GCD to the glory days before those Tech bastards arrived.

2 Likes

Tim loves over reacting and lashing out when he is questioned.

Sweet reply.

1 Like

I am agreeing with you that there is a serious housing issue in Dublin. :neutral_face:

1 Like