The Chelsea supporters thread

This is a bizarre line of argument @Nembo_Kid. Without wanting to involve myself too much as debating is pointless, the point made was that both managers were annoyed by players feigning injury when they themselves didn’t fully agree.
You could accept that without losing face.
Nobody doubts that Conte has got a good tune out of Costa, he’s playing as well as he has since his first few games under Mourinho.

So Conte has got a good tune out of Costa.

And Klopp has got a poor tune out of Sturridge.

Thanks for clarifying.

The point I am making is that you were criticising Klopp for Sturridge “pretending” to be injured while you won’t criticise Conte for the same thing with Costa

I’m criticising Klopp for not getting the best out of Sturridge.

In the post I quoted a while ago you criticised him for Sturridge being “injured” like Costa is now

My initial post was this:

You used Sturridge’s injuries as an excuse for that and then I relayed Klopp’s viewpoint that Sturridge wasn’t even injured.

Sturridge has been fit for 75% of Liverpool’s games this season, what’s your excuse now?

What was Klopp supposed to do if he thought Sturridge wasn’t injured? You can’t force him to play as you said earlier. He’s only been fit for 75% of the games (still not a great %) because he hasn’t played enough to get injured more often

75% is more than Coutinho has managed.

He’s been fit for the vast majority of games this season, Klopp has chosen to ignore him. Sturridge has proven that he is a top player in the EPL when fit and in form, he’s been fit for the vast majority of the season - Klopp has failed to get the best out of him - that’s just fact.

Conte has got the best out of Costa and if the word on the street is true, it’s money that has turned his head and he is looking to engineer a move. This is certainly a test of Conte’s man management ability.

Coutinho played in 13 games in a row in the league before getting injured. Not similar at all. Klopp has failed to get the best out of him because he obviously thinks it wiser to not change his entire approach to the game for a lad who regularly loses large parts of the season through injury

We could have saved a lot of time if you just said this at the start

And Sturridge was involved in 12 straight matchday squads at one point this season.

Klopp just didn’t see fit to use him.

The point is Klopp has talent in his ranks too, contrary to opinion, he has just failed in maximising that talent.

I don’t think they have a talented enough squad to win the league whether Sturridge is fit and in form or not

They have as talented a squad as any of the other contenders, you’re splitting hairs over most of them. Klopp has just failed to utilise his squad well, freezing out Sakho, not getting the best out of Sturridge etc.

What Liverpool players would get in the Chelsea team? Clyne, one of the centre halves maybe and Coutinho when fit is all I could see, Firmino at a push

Kult of Klopp

A) Great results - What a job Klopp has done, playing wonderful attacking football
B) Bad results - oh he doesn’t have the squad, the opposition have more money.

When does Klopp have to endure criticism?

You’re fucking worse for entertaining him.

2 Likes

Different systems.

Conte’s success has been getting Chelsea well organised and knowing their roles and then maximising the ability of Hazard and Costa.

The back 5 if you wish to call it that is nothing special - Alonso, Moses and Cahill are fairly run of the mill players. Luiz was a much maligned player previously (unfairly so I feel) and Azpilicueta is a makeshift centre back. They’re just very well drilled and Conte has managed to get a great balance to this side, they’ve been lucky with injuries thus far - they have no cover in the wing back areas.

You were saying less than two weeks ago straight after the Liverpool v Man City match that there was only one other contender to Chelsea? You’re doing some real flip flopping here tonight.

Recent results have changed the landscape.

The big difference between the two teams is in the midfield, where most matches are won and lost. Any of Kante, Matic or Fabregas would walk into the Liverpool team and be their best midfielder by a mile. I think both managers are getting the most out of their squad

So who are the contenders now?