The Daddy Thread

Happy Father’s Day in advance to all the beleaguered soldiers here - I don’t know etc……

I’m looking forward to hearing tales of varied and interesting gifts from suitably disinterested offspring.
The list will no doubt assorted cookery utensils, gym gear, BBQ accessories, whiskey and other tokens…

Just give me the pleasure of your presence, your smiling happy faces as ye mutter behind your hands (think Klopp muttering to Milner here) “he’s a doughty fucker, he’ll last another 20 - the bastard”…

Enjoy it lads, it’s only an excuse for them to show off.

4 Likes

I was asked would I like anything… I replied … An hour to myself :grinning:.

16 Likes

You brave bastard

1 Like

Red Breast and Black Barrel gifted early this evening.

We’ll keep them a while longer.

I got a box of 12 mixed cans of Sierra Nevada on Friday evening and asked “Will that do for fathers day”.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Happy GIF

2 Likes

Don’t know how ye do it etc thank fack I’m long past the active parenting stage

I pulled it out of the fire @Brimmer_Bradley style yet again today. We were in Newbridge House in Donabate to meet friends so our respective kids could enjoy the playground and petting farm. When we arrived and I was about to commence my pre-Parkrun visualisation routine, it became apparent I hadn’t packed jumpers or light jackets for the boys, even though I said I would. Early morning sunshine replaced by cloud cover, drop in temperature, wind picking up. Our lads starting to whinge about being cold, older lad saying he wanted to go home and we were barely after arriving. Hang on I thought, there’s a little gift shop beside the cafe. I jogged back up from the playground and 7 minutes and €76 later I returned with 2-3 year old and 4-5 year old Newbridge House & Gardens hoodies. Huzzah! I don’t know how I do it in fairness.

33 Likes

Good save. I feel your wife has to take some responsibility there for giving you a job and not double checking you did it

10 Likes

By God

1 Like

At the grandfather stage myself these days, not expecting a token polo shirt etc. but will be throwing my hat into the ring for a shot at the title tonight

13 Likes

A good solider never retires the weapon

2 Likes

Happy Father’s Day to all the happy wonderful tfk dads and daddies

4 Likes

Thought it was You’re not a warrior til you’ve blood on your sword …

5 Likes

Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree💪

Thanks mate that means a lot

1 Like

I got a new dinky

3 Likes