The Daddy Thread

I hear ya - great that heā€™s into them
STEM chaps
Commounication is brilliant- Iā€™m ok now
Was desperate
Yeā€™re getting there :clap::clap:

I left for the airport this morning telling my lass who said she felt sick that there was nothing wrong with her and she had to go to school. Sheā€™s after getting sick all over the carpet she just rang to tell me. She actually sounded fairly pleased with herself.

16 Likes

Woke up the other night to hear someone puking in the jacks. Rascal was in a heap. It was coming out all sides and he didnā€™t know whether to sit on the bog or kneel. Babba had a cough the last week but was taking his feed. Took a turn and thought heā€™d likely got whatever Rascal had so brought him to GP and he sent him off to Crumlin. He has that RSV but heā€™s getting out today. Mrs Hunt said itā€™s carnage up there.

8 Likes

Absolute carnage. Little one out sick since Friday of last week. We had to move last weekend with a sick child. It slowed everything down the fuck.

Took her to docs on Tuesday. Throat infection/ maybe tonsillitis. First time she ever got antibiotics and sheā€™s back on form now. She had no appetite at all for a few days but thatā€™s back now. Hopefully back for Monday.

But the RSV is rampant at moment. Her preschool sent a message around yesterday as so many kids were out so theyā€™re off doing a deep clean now, whatever fucking difference thatā€™ll make

3 Likes

I dont know how we do it lads.

We used to be like that but now if they say theyā€™re sick we leave ā€˜em at home. If they puke at school youā€™ll end up heading in to collect them.

1 Like

Itā€™s a hard thing to judge. They canā€™t be going off sick at the drop of a hat when theyā€™re working

3 Likes

Three year old in the wars again, ear infection surfaced yesterday after a few days of high temperatures.

Called NOWdoc at 3pm and was told to come down at 7pm. Perfect I thought, heā€™d get antibiotics and be in bed at his normal time.

Landed in and was told that thereā€™s 5/6 ahead of him. Thought this odd if theyā€™re giving out appointments, but at least thereā€™s two doctors on so should move quickly. They proceeded to let 11 in agead of him and he going off his head in the waiting room.

To make matters worse, when I brought it up at reception the lady in charge said they were prioritizing cases in order of urgency - she could see the puss coming out of his ear. There were at least 3/4 that walked in after him and left with a prescription, not a bother on them.

We eventually got in two and a half hours after the appointment, that they gave him, and the Doctor had him sent home with an antibiotic in less than ten minutes.

Jokeshop of a facility if itā€™s supposed to be more efficient than A&E.

1 Like

Hiya, quick one, might helpā€¦are ye giving your kid milk or milk based products before going to bed or nap time?
It may be an issue where if dairy products are consumed before laying down to sleep, dairy/lactose base mucus develops in the throat that seeps to the ear which naturally decays and causes infection.
Just something we experienced. We were advised the same by another parent, cut it out and solved an issue with one of ours.

1 Like

Great to see you turning on dairy

Hereā€™s todays dessert mate. Honestly youā€™re welcome, rural hospitality and all that.

3 Likes

Down in Wexford today. My 79-year old auld lad says to me thereā€¦

ā€¦Are you following that thing in the jungle? Boy George was eliminated.

10 Likes

He came and went

18 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Hopper is a great lad

1 Like

In hindsight Iā€™d have kept my kids off more
(First gang)
When my youngest came along I on occasion gave him a day off
Pure surprise
He loved it
Be It walking swimming football or just letting him lie on for few hours

Didnā€™t do him any harm

UCC 2 nd year ATM

Even in secondary school I gave him a few days especially when I saw the work he put in

1 Like

Can anyone recommend a good movie - Christmassy or otherwise - for a sensitive 5 year old girl? Would like to get her into movies and going to the cinema, but she gets scared easily, even now Paw Patrol can have her covering her eyes.

1 Like

Predator

10 Likes

Angelaā€™s Christmas maybe.

2 Likes