The Daddy Thread

i think @locke too

Not that I know of, pal.

I might, Iā€™m far too woke

1 Like

Itā€™s some craic. Must dig out the PS3 and get it going

Anyone here ever done a trip to either Brussels, Copenhagen or Edinburgh with kids in tow? Anything in particular youā€™d recommend?

A friend did Brussels lately with his two (11 and 9 I guess). Did guts of a week because their flight back was delayed. Think they more enjoyed the day trips to Brugge, Antwerp and Gent

1 Like

Legoland is a 3hr drive from Copenhagen. Meant to be worth a visit.

It goes without saying. But Copenhagen is very expensive. Eating out will cost you a fortune

1 Like

Leave the kids at home

1 Like

Howā€™s the new addition getting on pal?

Only seeing this now! Congrats mate.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve heard that. Would it be more expensive than London now?

Not a bother

3 Likes

Yes

Our little fella isnā€™t too bad at all. The usual broken night sleep (my good wife does most of it given the work situation) but he generally plays ball. Itā€™s really great when you can cuddle up to him and watch as he looks around trying to make sense with the madness heā€™s been thrown into.

14 Likes

Heā€™s probably thinking ā€˜if this fella drops me, itā€™s a long way downā€™

12 Likes

Yes a good bit more expensive. London has loads of cheap options to go with the expensive. The cheapest main course in a very average restaurant in Copenhagen was ā‚¬25. A pint would be a tenner handy and thatā€™s the starting end. Could be anything after that.

It is a very nice city though. Not sure what it would be like for kids. But great public transport, walkability etc. Nice architecture, low crime, general nice vibe. Cool place. Was only there for a quick look but would go back.

Iā€™m a big fan of Edinburgh as well, thatā€™s gone pricey too but would still be a lot cheaper than Copenhagen.

I wouldnā€™t bother with Brussels.

ā‚¬17.50 for a burger and curry chips at the Ploughing I was told today.

Surely you mean burger and a curry chip?

Probably the correct term but the man used ā€˜chipsā€™