The Daddy Thread

Good news.

When dust settles call the school and ask to put some of her mates in same class. We didnā€™t do it on older lad. We learned the lesson on younger lad. It makes a difference.

2 Likes

TELL THE JUHYS NEVER

Great news pal. Ye can relax now.

1 Like

I was ok about it. Know a few people who know about that stuff and thought weā€™d be in but mrs J and all her mates were worried. All waiting on offers from schools at various places on diifferent waiting lists. We went out to support the local economy in celebration last n8ght and had the midweek steak special offer. A lovely evening all told.

6 Likes

Thatā€™ll be a great weight off your mind (and more importantly your wifeā€™s mind) coming up to Christmas.

4 Likes

My daughters friends group split

One is 65 for the local school and another 55, very harsh on the kids that dont get in

1 Like

It is already thanks. Ive thrown you down as an emergency contact there on the form cos its practically beside you.

4 Likes

:+1::+1:

Must be have been hard for you to keep Mrs and Miss J on an even keel while waiting, but alls well that ends well, Iā€™ve a few mates in Dublin and Limerick in similar situations, Iā€™m glad Iā€™m long past it.

1 Like

SS?

1 Like

Weā€™ll both be in tears next September so bud ā€¦ We got a place in the gaelscoil in Douglas but when it went to a vote i lost out and the little wan will be going to the more local national school which is a 5 minute walk door to door.

4 Likes

creagh or GCS?

Sin ĆØ. Weā€™re outside catchment for both PCS and MCS despite being within about a kilometre and a half and theyā€™re both way oversubscribed. Id be confident its a very good school and will be a good fit for her. And a bus goes past our gaff!

3 Likes

You cant beat being very close mate. Iā€™d the little lady down for the gaelscoil for primary but had to drop her out to a different national school cos i couldnt do the drops while haring round the country in the berlingo. Her creche would drop to the 2 english speaking schools(they are closer). I tegret it a bit cos i love irish but Mama J advised me that the locality would be massive for us. She sent 5 of us to a faraway gaelscoil and the runt of the litter went to the local school. She was right.

2 Likes

Of course she is. In like a planning application.

3 Likes

Huh

1 Like

Proud dad leaving national basketball arena. Watched the young ladā€™s team.defeat some.dirty northsiders (Portmarnock, ewwwā€¦) to make an all Ireland final.

Delighted for the kid an his teammates. The world of confidence theyā€™ve been gaining, great to see.

17 Likes

You got the midweek ride, fair play.

My daughter lost at that stage last year , fair play, schools basketball is very well organised these days

1 Like

Itā€™s actually impressively ran. Live stream so relatives in Oz could even watch! Ref also stopped the game to tell crowd to stop booing free throws and also shut down any trash talking.

Impressive

7 Likes

Ah nowā€¦ Whatā€™s the point if you canā€™t trash talk? Are we preparing these kids for adulthood or for a sitcom?

4 Likes