The Daddy Thread

Hard to get in Ireland I think

My two never got anything as regards gels, when they were driven up the walls a dose of nurofen or calpol and work through it.
Both would go mental if you went near their mouth while teething. :man_shrugging:

You can get some stuff up the North but itā€™s banned here. I think thatā€™s it. Or some version of it.

We got some but never really bothered. The Mrs found out there was a reason it was banned in terms of whatā€™s in it!

About a week. We had been warned by others and nurses about dreaded day 12 where it gets worse. This didnā€™t materialise for us. Day 12 or 13 was probably when he was fully over it. He did get worse on day 3 or 4 before getting better. Basically nurofen and calpol alternatively around the clock for a week sorted him.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a chemist in limerick sells it, so it canā€™t be illegal. I donā€™t know why itā€™s so hard to get.

Thatā€™s a drug dealer mate

2 Likes

The lady that runs the crĆØche our one is going to calls it baby cocaine. As you said thereā€™s nothing in it, sugar is the active ingredient Iā€™d say. @anon61878697 give the child the drugs FFS and let them and you get some peace for a few hours

1 Like

Arenā€™t they all sure

Not illegal but there alcohol in it I thinkā€¦

how far are you from the NI border?
get some calgel - think it contains lidocaine so it numbs gums- we brought simialar back from israel - cant get it in ROI i think

What it is, is that the same as bonjela etc they arenā€™t allowed to advertise themselves as teething gels anymore because they havenā€™t been proven to be effective

Thereā€™s a chemist selling it over the counter in Limerick so it canā€™t be illegal can it? Itā€™s sitting in plain sight as well, a big box of it.

Limerick, even the chemists have an edge

ok jesus i was sure it couldnt be sold - anyway
going to a pharmacy in limerick could be similar to going to an arab pharmacy in jerusalem - they would give you a bag of tramadol if you needed it for a few dollars once you exchanged appropriate pleasantries

1 Like

You could have just tried a bit of fennel tea.

A good S&C program would have cured his teething no bother

Signing in. :baby:

Baby Nwoko is 1 week old today, and itā€™s been the most exhilerating week of our lives. Itā€™s true when they say, nothing can prepare you for it and how strong a love can be formed;

3am yelps? Iā€™ll get that.

Successive togs filled? Aww, so cute.

Did you just puke on my shoulder? Itā€™s grand, I have two.

The young fella is really pumped up for his first Super Bowl on Sunday, and like his dad, has thrown his lot in with Andy Reidā€™s boys.

:baby:

48 Likes

Congrats to all the Nwokos.

I thought you were gone a bit quiet alrightā€¦congrats kid.

Congrats chief

Hup
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D7nhdNoYwv1o&ved=2ahUKEwjy8PymqaznAhXIVsAKHeOCBFAQo7QBMAV6BAgAEAw&usg=AOvVaw1kuTOttarfO7Q8SMCypDtu