The Daddy Thread

Aboy the kid

Congrats chucks.

Congrats @Chucks_Nwoko :clap:

Cheers lads. Now the niceties are out of the way, letā€™s get down to it. Junior doesnā€™t fancy latching onto the tit at all; is it something that develops over a number of weeks or should he be latched in the first few days? Tried the shield and the tutelage of 4 different midwives but he had no interest. Going to see the ā€œlactation consultantā€ today.

Patience kidā€¦ We were a few weeks at it before she started to get it.i think nearly everyone says exactly what youā€™ve said at the startā€¦ Princess currently has a couple of her friends saying the same and looking for adviceā€¦ We had the consultant, went to breast feeding classes and had all the YouTube videosā€¦ You just have to persist and be patient. It will come.

1 Like

Fire him the bottle, donā€™t let her torture herself. Some go for it, some dont.

5 Likes

Weā€™ll see what tricks the expert has up her sleeve. Junior would latch on for 2 or 3 sucks and then no interest. Tis all a learning experience anyway.

Tis. Just let her know that itā€™s not the end of the world if he doesnā€™t. Plenty of us were on the bottle and we turned out grand.

Actually, waitā€¦

Ah yeah, sheā€™s proud as punch with the milk production anyway. I think thatā€™s the main thing. Not a lot she/we can do about himself being a bit indifferent.

1 Like

We donā€™t either but the child loves it.

Congrats @Chucks_Nwoko and Mrs Nwoko. Great days indeed

Had that job done myself at that age. Made an impression. Apart from a Christmas present of a ride in red car itā€™s my first real memory. I still have vivid memories of

1. Being terribly homesick in hospital when parents visiting time was over and they had to leave.
  2. Porter/orderly arms being hairy and it making my back itch when he lifted me on to trolley
  3. Being in operating theatre and told to count back from ten and staring at light afraid I would not go to sleep

I was back in hospital a few months later to be circumcised.

Give your wife a go at it.

4 Likes

Weyheyyyy!

Welcome Buck Nwoko.

It will happen kid.

Congrats Chucks. :clap:

Yeehaaa

Congrats

Did you notice any discernible drop off in post quality since you became a farther?

Not reallyā€¦ Mine never had any so not much changed.