Congrats mate.

1 Like

Congrats to all. Hope she will be home soon

1 Like

Congrats @Faldo and family.

1 Like

Congrats @Faldo

1 Like

Cheers lads, tipping up shortly to see the wee one, only allowed in for 15 mins and not allowed to pick her up, which I have to say is hard . Hopefully today will be the end of that. Herself is coming out for a coffee I think so that will be good for her. Thanks for all the messages

24 Likes

Best to you all, a father’s best moment, holding the precious fir the first time— never leaves the soul

3 Likes

Congratulations me aul pal. Hope everyone is doing well.

2 Likes

Congratulations @Faldo. May ye be healthy and happy and loaded from golf betting.

2 Likes

Screaming and crying going on here … christ above. And the little one is upset also… she caught her little finger in the (french) doors … they were slightly open and she was trying to pull it open with her finger but then started leaning on it also, squashing her own little finger… Daddy is getting the blame from both parties for some bizarre reason, despite not being on duty.

This walking business is a fucking disaster.

13 Likes

You may get used to that.

6 Likes

I was putting the young lad into his car seat a few years ago, he was about 3 at the time. As I finished strapping him in and slammed the door closed, he put his hand up and grabbed the outside edge of the roof. I thought the fingers would be chopped off him, but he was grand surprisingly. They have soft little bones thank God. I had nightmares after it.

1 Like

wait til she starts talking back

1 Like

The mothers are worse … no one wants to see a kid upset or hurt - but that’s kinda what they do at their age… the drama tho - everything is a near death experience.

1 Like

I better get used to the word ’ no’ ?

You’ll be grand kid. You are well used to being told what to do.

5 Likes

Is the hoover working okay?

1 Like

Adversity introduces you to you.

You’ll be fine.

Be ready for the conversation on moving to a bigger place and have a plan ready. One winter in the duplex with a toddler while the elements karma-bash Cork with superstorms will have ye fit to explode. My advice is to start getting a little look in on daft to see what’s about. At least then when she brings it up you’ll be ahead of her and get some brownie points. You may even get a rise in the allowance from Mrs O S.

12 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::+1: poor mite

She’ll be grand chief. They’re sturdy as fuck when it comes to knocks and falls.