The Daddy Thread

sure the hips are gone already

3 Likes

The fucker is probably a just lie there type of guyā€¦ cc @Bandage

2 Likes

Itā€™s a lot easier to manage stupid people than clever people

1 Like

thats a harsh dig at @Bandage

Thatā€™s a lovely post. Weā€™ve got the one and we know thatā€™s it for us. We had a fair idea going in that would be it, without going into the specifics, so we were unsure what weā€™d do name-wise. In the end, we gave her a family neutral first name, and her second name was my grandmotherā€™s name but also a variation of my Mrsā€™ name, her motherā€™s name and her grandmotherā€™s name.

Lovely post mate :blush:

5 Likes

Itā€™s a fairly sexist notion that boys wouldnā€™t look after their parents in their old age. The Tfk misandry crew out in force on this thread.

6 Likes

Thank you for calling me up on this. Others would have tried to defend it, but I was wrong and Iā€™m sorry.

2 Likes

My young lad having a shower this evening . Calls me in to say he is washing his hair and is it ok, as he is in a rush, if he doesnā€™t wash his shoulders.

I give a quizzical look. I look down and he is holding a bottle of Head and Shoulders.

12 Likes

I adored my mother and my father, worshipped them in many ways, but did I ring them for a chat when they were healthy and I had moved away, did I visit once a week, I did in my bollocks, I waited for the phone to ring on every Sunday and most Wednesday evenings and the mother saying ā€˜itā€™s only meā€™
My sisters were on the phone a few times a day, visiting non stop, they might as well have stayed at home. My two brothers would be liars if they said they were different from me, all change when illness struck of course.

Hearty congrats @Fat_Pox, thatā€™s lovely

8 Likes

Congrats kid.

1 Like

Game changer! Ever making bottles for the baby and you loose your count half way through? Weā€™ve all been there. This helps you put it to the scoops you need, dial it in, one scoop, boom!
#innovation #clever

4 Likes

Will be handy for you and you out of your mind with the lack of sleep at 2am.

2 Likes

Make a mighty bowl for a small dog. Possibly by this day fortnight that will be itā€™s function.

1 Like

ā€˜Tis only a small thing Boxty, a chihuahua wouldnā€™t get enough out of it.

Child being weaned off the draft this evening. Itā€™ll mean either Iā€™ll be on heat all the time or ye wonā€™t see me for 6 months :tired_face:

And what kills them then is the fact the mother will still prefer the boys.

2 Likes

TBH I wouldnā€™t want or expect my kids to look after me, as long as Iā€™m mobile Iā€™ll be independent

2 Likes

Not sure if thatā€™s true but an rud is annamh is iontach.
The nicest thing I heard after my mother was passed was said to me by her sister, my aunt. She said that my mother had said that she would never run out of things to talk to me about, we could be on the phone going through the news and the ska for ages,
If I was on the phone with her every day weā€™d have nothing to say to each other.
The boys have it sussed

4 Likes

And so it starts. 10.5k to W.I.T.

1 Like

thats a lot of nutella!

2 Likes