The Daddy Thread

Yup. Sheā€™s in junior cert but I have her sorted as well

1 Like

Well done

1 Like

God almighty

My little lady can go where she likes, no money will be spared.

The young fella is getting a trade.

10 Likes

Weā€™ve had a rake of tradesmen coming through the house doing work sparkies and plumbers earn every penny squeezing into tight spaces up and down to the attic by fuck they earn what they get.

1 Like

Eldest on his final year of masters 4 years for herself and then weā€™re done. I can then enjoy myself as I hit the Hawaii 50šŸ¤£

3 Likes

Hasnā€™t done me any harm at all.

2 Likes

Depressed as fuck after reading that tbhā€¦ With inflation we will be looking at 20k

3 Likes

20th November

1 Like

Vote Sinn Fein. They sneaking out of the free college bit by bit

1 Like

I never knew about this extra 2k?
I was working off the 3.5k registration fee.

Similar to creche fees!

3 Likes

Iā€™m seriously thinking of fucking off out of the countryā€¦ Besides family, which is bigā€¦ It has little going for it. Over priced, shit weather and itā€™s fast losing its culture and uniquenessā€¦ weā€™re just a mini Americaā€¦ Which is a truly horrible thing to be.

2 Likes

Depends on the course and some kind of fucking formula that they put together to determine whether or not you need to pay the extra. The worst of it is the e mail only arrived today from WIT and said that the initial fee had to be paid by monday otherwise she couldnā€™t register. I think thatā€™s disgraceful tbh. We were lucky in so far as we had the monies ready to go. But Iā€™m sure thereā€™s families out there who had to draw down loans etc and literally only had hours to get it sorted.

3 Likes

When I was in college (2000-2004) the registration fee was either ā‚¬350 or ā‚¬750. Itā€™s some hike in fairly short period of time, when the country was generally full of money (thatā€™s probably why they got away with it).

2 Likes

Its fucking scandalous tbh. Between herself and the youngest, Iā€™ll part with 100k easily over the next 8/10 years. Although my suspicion with the youngest is that a lot if it will be spent on bail money.

13 Likes

True dat

1 Like

2005 to 2009 for myself. Think in 2005 it was around ā‚¬600 but was in the 4 figures come the final year.

Assume they have just kept increasing it by a couple of hundred year on year

1 Like

Thatā€™s free education for ya

To be fair to the colleges. The government should be funding them