you said it yourself.

If you do get, plan for at least 3 trips to the A&E next year

1 Like

Do you have one?

no. my brother had and got rid because of carnage

1 Like

Get the one that goes in the ground.

Dug in? *

*pleas note I refrained from making any jokes about you ‘securing /burying things’…

We have had one for a few years, great way for kids to pass a summers afternoon and good for their coordination, exercise and getting some confidence. No accidents on them so far but it’s got a sturdy net around it so falling off it isn’t possible. Not sure it’s a great Santa present though, it’s the wrong time of year surely. Would only put ours up between Apr-Sept, takes about 1 hour and is a handy task.

Will it stay in its box till next May ?

You take it down and store it in winter? Never heard of that.

No. Itll be up the next day most likely.

You dig a hole, lower the trampoline into it. Lessens the effect of falls as the trampoline will be at ground level

This sort of job

2 Likes

I do, but I’d be part of the advanced parenting group. For medical reasons my nephew had a fairly expensive trampoline which is much bouncier than your standard one but also would tend to always direct the jumper back towards the centre rather than catapulting them out over the side. Assuming you just need yours for standard garden play you will get a decent 10ft thing for £120.

1 Like

We got the big one in smyths, hr an a half to put together, net all around, safe as it can be. Have it a year and a half and the kids love it 3 and 5.well worth it. You do need to anchor them down tho

3 Likes

We got one 5 and a half years ago. Still going fine. Dug out a hole and recessed it in, so the floor of the trampoline is about a foot off the ground. As much to keep it secure as it’s quite windy here and also makes it easier for kids to get onto it. I take down the net when weather gets really shit, just keeps it better from rain and wind making shit of it. Had one accident, but nothing major. Not enough to put us off it. The kids love it.

2 Likes

Iv had 1 for 5 years now. No trip to a and ĂŠ. Few close shaves. Try and get one where the bouncy section is set inside the metal frame like this

They have grand ones in decathlon apparently

1 Like

Juhy, we have the one below couldn’t recommend it enough. A few things to remember

• Get a sunken one. Means kids can get in and out themselves with no risks of falling up and down steps
  • Avoid the ones that open and close with zips. The zips rust up and are a cunt of yoke and kids can’t play without supervision on it
  • They’ll play on it for years and as they grow bigger, so get one that’s big enough now just for now but for 8-10 years time
  • Put it somewhere that you’ve a good view on it from inside. Means the kids and go in and out of it while you’re inside and can still keep an eye on them. We’ve a perfect view of ours from our massive island in the kitchen (cc @KinvarasPassion)
  • Don’t go cheap, cheap ones are shit.
4 Likes

The trouble you caused @mac… . Ok lads. Did you excavate your holes yourselves* or did you have someone else clear out your holes. Cc @Gman

Surely @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy could hook you up with a few lads who are well used to digging holes?

Did you dig your own?

We were getting a patio in and a job done on the back garden so when yer man doing it had the digger here he dug it out for us. Am sure a few lads with shovels would get it done for you, once you’re not asking them to do it on Xmas Eve?!

1 Like

I think there is absolutely no need for the hole. None of the injuries come from falling off them as the nets on even the cheapish Smyths ones make them very safe. Biggest danger is awkward falls on top of each other or clashes of heads within them which being on or off the ground has no effect on. Anyone from 3 up can climb up and into them no bother.

6 Likes