The Daily Debate 24-03-2020 - Zlatan or Larsson?

Ah jaysus … you cant be going down that road — you’ll have lads pulling up memes of Pele or Maldini saying x player was the greatest player they played with

Zlatan was back playing 6 months after rupturing his ACL and PCL in his mid 30s.

Larrson did his ACL in his mid 30s also, no? Came back and won the Champions League

Larsson was key in turning that final around.

1 Like

He was the winning of it … totally changed the game and set up both goals.

Paul Lambert or Francesco Totti.

SPOILER ALERT: Only one of them did it in the Champions League :joy:

And in terms of coming back from major injuries, he did it twice - snapped his leg in two in October '99 and was back to score in Euro 2000.

His loyalty to Celtic affects how he is perceived in terms of greatness but his class always shone through at every level, right to the very top of the world game.

A very cerebral footballer too, a true team player.

2 Likes

Ronaldo never won the CL.

The CL is not a huge deal, particularly these days. You just need a lucky run and a few breaks to win it.

1 Like

Over 15 years you should get a lucky break. The Italian league was largely an irrelevance when he was playing in it too.

Ronaldo didn’t. Maradona didn’t, they are the two GOAT.

1 Like

Milan completely fell apart

Who would you pick sid?

49 goals in all competition, 33 in the league. We’ll never see the likes of that again.

Maradona won a World Cup and took a bad Napoli team from mid table and won the most competitive league in the world at the time with them.

Larsson did well as an impact sub at his time in Barca but I think lads are overstating his impact there due to his impact off the bench in that one match, Guily/Etoo/Ronaldinho axis was what drove that Barca team with Deco in behind. Larsson was a very intelligent footballer suited to that kind of role.

Did he play more than half a dozen games for United?

Ronaldo won two world cups. Neither did it in the CL.

The CL is not a huge deal these days.

Neither did Maradona. But both dragged their teams to win a World Cup. I don’t think I can remember Zlatan doing that?

1 Like

Did Zlatan even score in a World Cup finals game?

The very fact you’re comparing zlatan to those two answers the question asked here

1 Like