The Danny Healy Rae Thread

The Healy Raes did me a favour once. Great men.

2 Likes

There’s a difference between expediting delivery of your just entitlements and making a subpoena disappear.
Before ruling on the alrightedness of the folk mentioned you’ll need to flesh out broad outlines of the favour.

It’s a bit like telling your yarn on the Graham Norton show.

Agree with you about today, but Healy Jnr could have scraped in last election with 2k votes with good vote management.

There’s no translation service for DHR to avail of in Brussels or Strasbourg…

That of itself creates a few extra jobs in the Parliament for a few of them cute Kerry youngsters who can understand Danny’s dialect and can then translate it for the likes of that cunt Jean-Claude Junker or any of those other fuckers.
His musings will be around drink, the weather and planning permissions. Can’t be that hard to accommodate the man.

2 Likes

He’ll also mention climate change. The greens from Germany will be driven cracked by him…

1 Like

Covered under what DHR calls " the weather ".

they got a stroke of luck last time out when Tom Fleming Independent TD pulled the pin late in the day before the election. some vote haul nonetheless

good vote management is something de Healy Rae’s can pull off

A political dynasty to rival the Kennedy’s

1 Like
2 Likes

He’s dead right.

1 Like

How long is he off it?

3 Likes

Article makes it look like an attack on vegans. Clickbait.
When you read it you realise it’s the ramblings of a moron.

1 Like

Bit of research i’m doing has thrown up a Robert Rae in Kilorglin around Famine times – held over 1500 acres but had to off load a good shot of them due to the Famine - became a clerk of the local courts – No doubt an ancestor to the current mob…

Anyway I found this independent family research site – http://members.madasafish.com/~cj_whitehound/family/Langford_Raes.htm---- it must be the Healy Raes, but check out this mad bastard below.

Robert “Bobby” R Rae - (son of Denis Wilmot Rae, grandson of Francis Langford Rae, born 2nd February 1900) is covered in more detail on his [own page] Based in Burma.

He was brave, reckless and sometimes aggressive and as such I suspect possibly a drunk: he volunteered for war at sixteen by lying about his age and made sergeant while still probably too young to even be there, but probably never saw action until the 1940s; he became a magistrate who was sacked after beating up a recalcitrant witness and killing a local man (albeit the latter was by accident and in justifiable self-defence); earned his living as a big game hunter and a slaughterer of tigers for money; was convicted of murder, judged temporarily insane due to malaria and confined to an asylum for seven years after killing, in undoubted self-defence, a friend whom he had cuckolded and who was trying to beat his brains out with an elephant bone at the time; was accused - almost certainly falsely - of rape; was reputed to have escaped from the asylum ahead of the advancing Japanese; fled the Japanese army the length of Burma and was so traumatised that he developed full-blown PTSD; became a respected captain of the Kachin levies; and was seconded to the U.S. special ops force called O.S.S. 101 where he taught jungle survival skills to the forerunners of the C.I.A., and became a decorated war hero.

1 Like

I would say there was some family intervention in to the documentation of this fellas escapades.

1 Like

That’s the HSE vote secured.

1 Like

I hear Jackie Healy Rae Jnr who is 23, is running in the local elections in Castleisland. The Healy Rae party is getting closer and closer to reality

Wonderful news :clap:

Was he the lad that was charged with assault?

3 Likes

The in-party heaves will be great craic.