The Dating Thread - Part II

Conas atá an craic Síomha Ní Ruairc, an bhfuil tú go maith mar tá tú ag féachaint go maith.

2 Likes

Poor fuckers won’t be trotting around in their swim suits for that. Aran sweaters more like

1 Like

What in Gods name have I clicked into?

Bullet dodged here Id say.

A message on WhatsApp and on Snapchat from the same wan in the space of a minute.

I’ll have to stay off WhatsApp for the night :hot_face:

14 Likes

Is it all apps these days @Copper_pipe? What percentage of relationships of your peers start via an app vs an old fashioned maul in a late night venue on Harcourt St?

1 Like

I don’t think he’d be a rubby/soggy biscuit man.

I’m no longer on the market but from what I’ve seen the apps seem to be heavily weighted in the females favour as males tend to swipe on virtually anything with a pulse while females are much pickier. That lends itself to a scenario where females are disgruntled when a small percentage of men use them for a one night stand and don’t view them as relationship material. Meanwhile a lot of the average males have ruined their algorithm and hardly acquire a match at all. Tinder was far better back around 2014-15. The Halcyon days of online dating before it became monetised.

It seems that there’s a real desire for a return to traditional dating. I was nearly taken aback to see a couple wearing the face off each other after the Ireland game on Saturday night, whereas that used to be the norm in late bars/nightclubs. In saying that, I’d say it’s great to have the option of swiping on love interests and gives shy lads with no game or who hate nightclubs a handy alternative. A 2006 @Bandage would have done untold on Bumble or Hinge.

11 Likes

Pardon my ignorance but are Bumble and Hinge friends of yours?

3 Likes

Bumble played county minor for 4 years and won a provincial club title at 15. The women always message him first.

11 Likes

I find that hard to believe

Were you in The Crown on Sat. night?

I wasn’t. I was out in Reardens in Cork. Had a good night in the Crown at a staff party recently enough though. Good food and atmosphere.

1 Like

RTE 2.

Unreal.

2 Likes

Saw this a couple of weeks back.

Absolutely unreal stuff.

Rob is quite a factual kind of guy.

Ah here.

No response for a day. By God.

1 Like

Ah no, I’d always respond within 24 to 48 hours.

He could go for a job in Brimmer Bradley in the civil service.

Cork…

Rob messed up massively with the lovely Waterford girl. Surely you’d take a look at the phone at some stage during a 4 day period. The last woman there is the pick of the bunch for Andy. Love in the country has completely usurped Grá ar an Trá.

2 Likes

She’s tidy but think the big blonde wan may be handier freeing a suckler from the crush

3 Likes