The Dating Thread - Part II

You’d want your head examined going into primary teaching. The pay is shit first of all. And then you have to deal with a class of screaming kids all day. Your head would be fried. Lesson plans, extra curricular things like taking them up to mass, communions, conformations, or to training or the swimming pool and trying to control them, correcting homework, you’ve to deal with the various different class of parent too. No thanks. I couldn’t do it anyway, if i was paid 80k a year i wouldn’t do it. I used to think they had it easy but no it’s not a great job if you ask me.

6 Likes

Apologies, it’s 31k with full hours but no new teacher gets full hours so 21k is the average used

Apology accepted.

1 Like

Well boo hoo.

21k is a more than fair wage for a part time job.

Not a part time job

If they are not working full time hours then it’s not a full time job. Maybe they should move to the private sector and get more regular hours or maybe they like the idea of a part time job where they get 25% of the year as paid holidays.

Are you on 21k Nembo?

A-fucking-men. I wouldn’t do it for €80k a year.

You wouldn’t last two minutes as a primary school teacher. You can’t beat Kev in an argument, imagine what some mouthy little fucker 11 year old would do to you and then his mother afterwards. Part time job me hole.

4 Likes

It’s closer to 30k

(no, I am not a teacher )

Anyone that teaches like that nowadays will get fucked out of by the parents, students and other teachers alike. And the self-worth of a lazy piece of shit teacher like that must be non-existent.

1 Like

Maybe its that way in Ireland but elsewhere public school teachers work from 8-6 minimum plus extra activities at the weekend. Its basically a 60-70 hour job in developed Asian countries with loads of stress as the parents expect a lot.

Well, if she’s only on 21k a year, you’d want to suss out fairly lively whether or not she has road frontage.

2 Likes

No. It’s a decent starting salary for a part time job however.

I am the master debater around here. I stroll to debating victories, you are consumed by bitterness which leads you to distorting the facts.

I certainly have no sympathy for teachers and their 3 months of holidays in the year. They should be working 9-5 clerical hours throughout the summer.

1 Like

You assume all teachers get paid for the summer which is incorrect.

Also, many new teachers are only guaranteed half their full hours and spend their days waiting for subbing hours. This prevents them from being able to do something else during that time to earn a few quid so it’s not part time unfortunately.

You’re ranting about something without knowing the full facts about it which is not normally something you do.

2 Likes

It’s very unusual behaviour from the Kod alright.

teaching is a joke in Ireland, always the lazy types who were attracted to it, because of the holidays of course, a pure joke so it is, don’t they get extra money for having a degree and bullshit like that/ they wouldn’t work to warm themselves

2 Likes

You show me a job or profession where the starting and formative years are cushy? Tradesmen earn minimum wage slaving away for some jackass when they learn their trade.

Teachers seem to think society owes them a living, once you get settled in it is about the handiest number going. Low hours, loads of holidays, money is fine, big pension. There is a reason loads of people want to be teachers and that is all the perks that go with it.

Most corporations have guys in them doing crazy 60-70 working hour weeks. I’ve encountered these people in every company I’ve worked in and in my formative professional career I did these hours too -no more thankfully. A teacher would be on the intensive care ward if they ever had to pull off a 70 hour working week. Their quibbles are delusional.

2 Likes

they wouldn’t know what work is