The Dating Thread - Part II

[quote=“Thrawneen”]Have you seen Magnolia? “They’re not your friends. You think they’re going to be there for you?”

Just remember that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCEYxs7kWmQ
eature=related
[/QUOTE]

Is that Stephen Nolan giving that lecture?

All i want to know is this:

Is Cesc4 still balling his cousin?

There’s nothing, absolutely nothing, wrong with using a bird for t-rex, Tinnion. The fact you even raised the question would lead me to conclude that you are now a bender.

:rolleyes:

I’ll wait for Jug’s advice if you don’t mind.

Anyone have any new experiences to add to this. Ahem Thrawneen?

Going for dinner with a bird I’m not really attracted to. Told myself I’ll give it one more date and then see what happens. Strangely enough I don’t think she’s massively interested either, and it’s the same story, we’ve just agreed to give it one more night out and see what happens.

I scored a right OG on Saturday night. I was gargling in the local in Slane village after the gig, and through the pub walks a bird I used to fancy in work years ago. I was taken aback, but she was on her way out saying she had to go, despite me trying to get her to stay. A minute later she appears by my side with a drink in her hand. I foolishly blank her completely and continue on with a conversation about football with two coonts I’d only met a few minutes previously. Was on a serious paranoia-filled hangover/comedown on Sunday night so procured her number and texted an apology. Went down OK but I stopped short of asking her out. Serious own goal, like I say.

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]Going for dinner with a bird I’m not really attracted to. Told myself I’ll give it one more date and then see what happens. Strangely enough I don’t think she’s massively interested either, and it’s the same story, we’ve just agreed to give it one more night out and see what happens.

I scored a right OG on Saturday night. I was gargling in the local in Slane village after the gig, and through the pub walks a bird I used to fancy in work years ago. I was taken aback, but she was on her way out saying she had to go, despite me trying to get her to stay. A minute later she appears by my side with a drink in her hand. I foolishly blank her completely and continue on with a conversation about football with two coonts I’d only met a few minutes previously. Was on a serious paranoia-filled hangover/comedown on Sunday night so procured her number and texted an apology. Went down OK but I stopped short of asking her out. Serious own goal, like I say.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:
do you overanalyse things sledge?

Still bulling that bird who wouldn’t make me breakfast. I’ve set her straight gradually over the last week or so and she’s learning the ropes now. She’s cooking me dinner on Sunday which shall be enjoyed after a few pints in the Premium Level of Croke Park. :thumbsup:

In other news, I’ve an evening rendezvous tomorrow evening with a Slovak. I bumped into her after not seeing her for 4 years about a month ago and have been trying to get a hold of her since. I would feel guilty about it but I don’t see it progressing at all so no harm, right?

[quote=“Thrawneen”]Still bulling that bird who wouldn’t make me breakfast. I’ve set her straight gradually over the last week or so and she’s learning the ropes now. She’s cooking me dinner on Sunday which shall be enjoyed after a few pints in the Premium Level of Croke Park. :thumbsup:

In other news, I’ve an evening rendezvous tomorrow evening with a Slovak. I bumped into her after not seeing her for 4 years about a month ago and have been trying to get a hold of her since. I would feel guilty about it but I don’t see it progressing at all so no harm, right?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely Thrawneen. And hold judgement on the other bird until you’ve eaten her grub. If she can’t satisfy you for food after you’ve been drinking then she’s a waste of space.

Never saw this thread before, but i’d imagine it could be good craic.

I’ve been seeing this girl for the past 6 or 7 weeks. I must say i’ve enjoyed it all so far, its almost too good, i’m waiting for something to go horribly wrong, or for her to absolutely loose it over something. She’s not into GAA, but appreciates it and seems to admire the commitment we make, and is big into “her own time”, and believes relationships survive on balance and each person having their own time. This is what i’m most attracted to, despite the fact that she’s a fitness instructor with a smoking body.
Early days, but (big statement here) she could be a keeper. Only thing is she hasn’t travelled, and i think she needs to, and wants to. So you’d wonder how to approach that? I’d be encouraging her to go, but could be shooting myself in the foot.

do you overanalyse things sledge?[/QUOTE]

The two lads I was talking to - guess who they were and what we were talking about…

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Absolutely Thrawneen. And hold judgement on the other bird until you’ve eaten her grub. If she can’t satisfy you for food after you’ve been drinking then she’s a waste of space.

Never saw this thread before, but i’d imagine it could be good craic.

I’ve been seeing this girl for the past 6 or 7 weeks. I must say i’ve enjoyed it all so far, its almost too good, i’m waiting for something to go horribly wrong, or for her to absolutely loose it over something. She’s not into GAA, but appreciates it and seems to admire the commitment we make, and is big into “her own time”, and believes relationships survive on balance and each person having their own time. This is what i’m most attracted to, despite the fact that she’s a fitness instructor with a smoking body.
Early days, but (big statement here) she could be a keeper. Only thing is she hasn’t travelled, and i think she needs to, and wants to. So you’d wonder how to approach that? I’d be encouraging her to go, but could be shooting myself in the foot.[/QUOTE]

Cork birds are easy Kev, there was fuck-all trying when I scooped that bird in Havana’s a few weeks back

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]

Early days, but (big statement here) she could be a keeper. Only thing is she hasn’t travelled, and i think she needs to, and wants to. So you’d wonder how to approach that? I’d be encouraging her to go, but could be shooting myself in the foot.[/QUOTE]

i.e. she’s a player

Havannas birds are easy sledge, its a meat market.

The meat market of a Friday night and the English market of a Saturday morning, maybe it ain’t that bad a place after all :smiley:

Ya, i was thinking that too at the time when it first came up, but for reasons i ain’t going to post here i seriously doubt that. I would be the same, and i wouldn’t be fucking around if we are both taking things somewhat seriously. Its still early days though.

I appreciate you looking out for me though Mac.:thumbsup:

If your from Cork they’ll actually go to the English market, come home and cook for you too. you should have tried the fake accent or something, i’d say your dacent at it!:smiley:

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]
I appreciate you looking out for me though Mac.:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

MacParty is getting old now, it’s Uncle Mac :smiley:

I wasn’t hanging around, I’d a flight to miss and her mate had a Kilkenny lad in the next room who I’d probably managed to offend the previous night :smiley:

Will definitely try the accent the next time though

You never fail to disappoint Thrawneen :smiley: