The Dating Thread - Part II

No man is an island.

1 Like

Well, maybe.

Do you be drinking vodka to bate the band now

Not my experience I was married at 25 (I know) I’m 47 now my missus never was like that went out my mates even pre marriage when we had a smallie never an issue and she was the same and still is maybe we were just lucky.

4 Likes

Only a cub in the grand scheme of things.

I dunno, before I had kids I drank a fair bit, I’ve never been the kind to watch television or play video games much, I used to smoke an awful lot of weed/hash as well.
I’m very easily bored, family life fulfill me I suppose.
But like @Bod95 my missus never put any shackles on me, maybe she never had to, it’s a natural part of growing up, any lad with kids out 5 or 6 nights a week probably needs reining in,

12 Likes

That’s young. Do most 27 year olds drink like fuck? I know I did. Even if you hadn’t moved away there was probably going to be a natural progression to calm down, your body wouldn’t allow it anyway.

1 Like

I calmed down aged 26 or 27 because I realised if I kept going the same way I was going to die.

Shakespearean.

5 Likes

“Seek the wisdom that will untie your knot. Seek the path that demands your whole being."

Rumi.

Good day .

1 Like

I have and I will be getting married

13 Likes

This Show on RTE 2 now is something else.

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy could learn a thing or two

1 Like

Greg O’ Shea even made an appearance. Jordan Conroy of Rugby 7’s fame ended up choosing the girl his mother picked out on the street over the girl from Hinge. He seems a very confident sort anyway.

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

How did you get on?

I met with the teacher Saturday night, it went well, we avoided any touchy subjects and she wants to meet up again. Seems a nice young lady, so will see how it progresses.

I cancelled the one on the Sunday as I wasn’t really feeling it, told her I had Covid so don’t think I’ll bother trying to reschedule.

8 Likes

What did you end up wearing on the date?

You’ll have to upgrade to the long covid in a few weeks.

7 Likes

The outfit I mentioned, half zip green shacket, black slim fit jeans and a pair of brown suede shoes.

Yes, I think Covid gives you great flexibility to weasel your way out of things.

1 Like

Great news. As a matter of interest, what subjects are not contentious for you?

5 Likes