The depression thread

GPs mean well but haven’t the time or expertise to deal with mental health issues. If it were me I’d go down the counselling route. GPs just end up prescribing tablets which just exacerbate the issue. Those Zanax are dangerous. Alright for a flight but are very addictive.

GP is the way to go to get referred where you need to go. With the level of anxiety and lack of sleep Batigol is dealing with you also need an immediate solution like Xanax to provide some relief, as well as the hopefully longer term solution through counselling.

This is not a big deal.

When I was on a friend’s stag, the friend’s cousin who was also his best friend freaked out and left to go home at 6am after the first night, without telling anybody, he just wasn’t there any more when everybody woke up. He had to get away.

I missed being in the audience when my father was on Where In The World because I threw a tantrum. I couldn’t go. I just couldn’t do it. I stayed at home and pucked a sliotar off the garage door for hours on my own.

When I was 15, my auntie, who worked for Aer Lingus and considered me the apple of her eye - I was her godson - decided to bring to me to New York as a Christmas present. As soon as I heard this I thought “oooohhh nooo”. It made me feel deeply uneasy. It just did. I didn’t want anything to do with this. When the morning to go came, which was Sunday the 26th of February, 1995, I couldn’t get up out of bed, I refused to get up, I stayed in my bed and hid under the bedclothes, for hours, despite her ringing several times frantically from the airport - “where is he, where is he?” I was not comfortable with any of this and I just could not go. Instead of going to New York, I spent that afternoon playing hurling in St. Anne’s Park with my father. I’ve still never been to America, and I doubt I’ll ever be there at this point. But I’m still the apple of my Auntie’s eye, she forgave me.

6 Likes

How did the auld lad get on in WitW?

Here you go

3 Likes

I hope you have a recording of that @Cheasty

Yeah I’ve been to the GP a few times about both. Just seems to come and go.

Yeah I know. Had a bit of a row with the missus over it and now we’re not talking. Have the second day of it today and just not in the form for it at all

Christ, terrible prizes. We were stone broke back then.

They were “spot prizes”. You had to buzz in on a particular question to get the prize. My oul’ fella buzzed in correctly for both.

It was an excellent stereo and many’s the night the neighbours were kept awake by it.

2 Likes

If you’re not feeling it mate. Don’t put yourself through it. The second day of a wedding is a load of shite anyway.

Have done a couple of wedding Houdinis myself over the years. The wine doesn’t suit me.

At least you have the rugby on now to cheer you up, Leinster going well.

I always remember a Golf Umbrella being a big prize on Know Your Sport. And the car prize was always an Opel Corsa, the smallest car possible

2 Likes

And lads didn’t even play golf back then.

2 Likes

Listen to Damian Lawlor on the Saturday Game. He’s dulcet tones just sent me off for a half hour nap.

1 Like

Eamon Fitzmaurice is never around when you’d want him.

7 Likes

Put on a replay of Clare vKerry last week, it would put anyone off to sleep

The prizes on Murphy’s Micro Quiz M were very good

They did, and they fucked off for half the day and drank pints after and didn’t bother their arse apologizing for it.

1 Like

How did you go in the end, did you fuck a few Tipp lads out of it? Tom’s last point could of been the biggest anti-depressant anyone could of asked for.

2 Likes