The Dodger is in trouble

DJ was a unique and is a legendary player. I’m not sure even Shefflin creates the same buzz of excitement when he gets on the ball. DJ did that for a decade or more. It’s probably fair enough to say he isn’t quite on Shefflin’s level but he had an appeal all of his own.

A poor man’s Damien Quigley.

If Quigley was DJ Carey it’s possible that the '95 Munster final and all subsequent hurling history could have gone very differently. Not likely but possible.

Having had a think about our team, I’m not sure I’d be happy sacrificing any of our crack forwards to make room for DJ, WTB.

Quigley turned in some performance in that 94 final. Was he any use in 96 or was he done by that stage?

Lot of fellas making fucking eejits of themselves on this thread. I don’t particularly like DJs mealy mouthed persona but he is without a shadow of a doubt one of the all time greats. He is certainly the most skilful player I’ve seen in my time and one of the bravest.

the same guys who ridicule Sean Og’s hurling ability ignore his bettering of DJ, even in his “prime”.

I believe he had too many big day disappearing acts to be called a true great, and by that i mean throwing him in with Shefflin, Ring,Mackey, Keher etc.

+1

my dad being a mu8ldoon fromn Cork always boasts he never did it vs Cork when it mattered- went to 2 boghockey finals about 10 years ago- one they thrashed clare and he scored this deadly point when they were way ahead- the other he did fuck all vs cork when it was a close game

He did it in 1992 v Cork so lets put that whole “Cork always kept him quiet” thing to bed.

I knew all that hatred had to stem from some shameful part of your history.

Still, it’s good to see you maintaining your keen interest in the national sport while so far away.

i wish dj well in his many steps to recovery

Dj dominated his era for period and is no doubt an all time great. Nobody of his time could do what he did vs galway in 97,unbelievable show.
He is without doubt an all time great and deservedly part of hurling folklore

:lol:

Let it go Art

:lol: :lol: fair play

What happened to the 50 million that Sarah Newman got for her website??

Fuck off SLR will you, they have separated, serious;y, it really gets on my wick when people GAA players personal lives are dragged through the shit, he was an amateuer player, you’ve made a name writing on GAA and its an amateur organisation, can you not just leave the man to his plight and pain and move on to somebody else

Joe Brolly it is then.

I hear his kidney was shite and they had to take it back and feed it to the pigs.

Did you really have to post that for a kick? Maybe you’ll live out your days healthy

I came across this topic as I was browsing old topics. I think my post is trivial enough in comparison to a lot.

The banks are owed millions by both of them. She made 50 million in the book. What happened it. Nothing to do with amateur player but more to do with her.