The Dodger is in trouble

Davy Tweed

What did gary ablett do?

A real bad boy is Gary.

Did Gary Ablett not pass away over a decade ago?

One of the Gary Abletts. I believe @ChairmanDan may be referring to the 1980s and 1990s Aussie Rules goal machine rather than the former Liverpool and Everton defender.

This sort of confusion is not unusual as there was also an Aussie Rules Kevin Sheedy and an Aussie Rules John Barnes of the same era.

Who needs Ceist ?

1 Like

He presented our county u16 medals back in the mid 90s. We were a so called weaker county so must have got a few bob for it. We heard his wife was with him so we were all waiting for a cracker to walk in. To say he went down in our estimation when he arrived in with a mary harney look-a-like would be an understatement

4 Likes

I witnessed his one and only goal for Liverpool back in 1987. It was a 3-0 win v Notts Forest.
It was also the day that some dud called Kenny Dalglish scored his last goal for Liverpool.

A couple of days later I was at Old Trafford as United trashed Liverpool 1-0 thanks to a goal by free scoring Peter Davenport.

That Liverpool-Forest game I’m sure was live on RTE 2. It was on an Easter Saturday and I watched it in the very same room in Galway where I’m posting this from. I recall hearing Liverpool had lost to Manchester United from my oul’ fella in the changing rooms of the Cranny Pool at Leisureland after having been in swimming on the Monday. Liverpool beat Everton the following Saturday, again live on RTE 2, but it was too late, the damage had been done by a poxy run of form in March and April.

1 Like

where did he take that pic with the iphone charger cellotaped up his nose, was he pretending to be in America getting treatment

2 Likes

That’s how they do it in America

1 Like

5 Likes

Charged with fraud and battery.

1 Like

Does anyone know what went wrong with all the business stuff himself and Sarah Newman were involved in? I know she had a serious multi-million wedge after selling her online business and should have been setup for life but she got involved with himself and ending up losing it all and having massive debts.

I heard about multiple K Club properties and a few other bits but they wouldn’t burn through all the money she had.

A chalet in the Alps ate up about 10 bar.

6 Likes

Tisn’t cheap keeping DJ in the lifestyle he had become accustomed to

3 Likes
1 Like

It’s an awful way for her to end up after doing so well so for herself.

1 Like

Wherever you fly, you’ll be best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.

Except when you don’t.
Because, sometimes, you won’t.

I’m sorry to say so
but, sadly, it’s true
that Bang-ups
and Hang-ups
can happen to you.

As my grandfather used to say to me… if you lie down with the dogs you’ll get up with the fleas.

5 Likes