The dreamers in their perfect world V The hard-core realists

I haven’t mentioned the word misogyny in this thread.

I mentioned it in relation to Shamima Begum because hundreds of male fighters have already been let back, yet when a female who didn’t even fight tries to get back into Britain there’s suddenly an outcry to keep her out and make her stateless.

Racism is at the very heart of the Shamima Begum case. Colonial racist arrogance that Britain should be able to pass its own security problems onto an unrelated third country who just happen to be a former colony and Muslim majority country. Racism in denying her citizenship that was a racist bone to a Tory party membership and support which is permeated with racism from top to bottom.

“Wanting” or “not wanting” anything is utterly irrelevant. That’s the whole point. You don’t make policy based on what pub bores with no concept of the real world and a reading age of 12 want or don’t want. That’s why we have laws. So we don’t have idiots making arbitrary decisions.

Ultimately, you agree with me that yes, this Irish woman should be let back into the country to face due process and be deradicalised.

That we should take responsibility for our own problems, not pass the buck on to others, like reactionary right-wing pub bore gobshites want.

That’s pretty much the long and short of it and nobody has been able to lay a glove on that argument, which has been set out by @glasagusban and myself, in this thread.

That’s why there’s such anger on the thread - the eejits know deep down that their arguments are nonsense.

No, what makes one an ISIS supporter is denying that radical Islam is a threat, and becoming a screaming Mary when any attempt is made to combat radical Islam. The issue isn’t just this Irish woman or the woman in the UK, it is a much broader issue of how to deal with a a much broader group that have committed atrocious attacks on innocent civilians throughout western Europe, and would do so again given the opportunity.

It is clear that Islamic extremists can travel in and out of Ireland as they please, and there appears to be zero effort to control such movement.

No, but we all knew it was only a matter of time before you remembered

Looks to me like radicalisation is the new depression. Bressie will have to change his tact.

1 Like

You mentioned it because you aren’t particularly bright and try to shoehorn the latest thing you’ve read into every argument.

The misogyny was shown to be horseshit, given the numerous terrorists and other types who were male and had their passports revoked by the UK. But you chose to ignore that, as is your general station.

You are actually trying to do a few things here. You are shielding yourself behind international law in order for you to be able to put out your shite on right wingers, western imperialism, racists, misogynists and whatever else you’re having. It is perfectly reasonable to be against these people being allowed back to the West but you HAVE to take the moral superior version, you’re a modern day religious zealot.

3 Likes

I haven’t defended radical Islam on this forum ever.

You have. You called Saudi Arabia “a somewhat benevolent medieval monarchy”. :laughing:

You cheerled arms deals with them as they were in the middle of a genocidal war against the Houthis in Yemen.

The confusion and utter hypocrisy of you is mind boggling.

Yet again, you’re guilty of the exact thing which you deliberately, lyingly accuse others of.

You’ve been wrong about everything your whole life, sure why stop now.

Was there a point to this post except “I don’t like you, and even though you’re correct, I’m still going to moan, about what I don’t know, but I’m doing it anyway.”

Because apart from that, it says precisely nothing.

It’s a major problem that we are sleepwalking into.

You’re moaning about the Common Travel Area now?

Is there any freedom you don’t moan about?

People like you, when you boil it down, are ultimately authoritarian fascists who despise freedom.

That’s why you admire the Saudi regime and far right authoritarians all over the globe.

People like you are the biggest threat to the West. You are the real enemy within.

Because if you and others like you had your way, we’d end up with a world scarily similar to what actual radical Islamists want.

At least radical Islamists tend to be honest about what they want.

No, I’m complaining about the fact that there are known radicalized Islamists living in Ireland, some of whom have traveled to the UK and committed terrorist offenses, and there appears to be zero effort to take the issue seriously.

What laws are on the books to combat individuals being radicalized in Ireland?

Do you support the Common Travel Area?

*nor

1 Like

More whataboutery and deflection from the issue at hand. Stick to how we in the West should try and combat radical Islam. It certainly won’t be done by screaming Marys such as yourself and the idiot glas who believe radical Islam isn’t a threat and democratic western nations are the real threat.

Making up more things that people didn’t say to disagree with again. cc @Bandage

Actually the point is right there. Glas is clearly being disingenuous but he hasn’t got to the levels you have on here. A quick browse of your statements are as follows;

Here’s you on the British case, shoehorning is some complete shite onto the topic.

You are incapable of staying in lane on the topic.

Forget about international law for a second, do you think it is reasonable to be wary of allowing people who go off to fight in Syria, who say the Manchester Bombings were justified etc?

I directly addressed your post.

You are guilty of the exact thing that you lyingly accused me of.

I don’t defend radical Islam.

You do, in fact you’ve praised it.

I’m struggling to think of a subject on which you aren’t an outright hypocrite.

V good

It’s a fine idea, but there must be some issue if someone who was denied asylum in the UK due to their radical Islam connections was granted residency in Ireland.

1 Like

Yes. Where have I stated or suggested it wasn’t?

Do you agree it’s not reasonable to make legal decisions on the basis of pub bores with the comprehension of a child?

You haven’t been able to point out a single thing wrong with any of my posts.

Calling something “bullshit” seems to be your only strategy here. That doesn’t cut it, I’m afraid - it’s just screaming Mary shrieking.

Where have I praised radical Islam, you nutcase.